Chapter 11: Lives can be fixed

Walking through the school halls is a bizarre experience, sometimes it's so empty your voice echoes, but when the bell rings it's more cramped than a fairy tale ball. The halls are perfect for bustling activity, gossips start, friendships end and start, drama, and most importantly, copying homework. I'm not a particularly popular person, but people knew me, some would greet me in the hallways. In conclusion, I was an average student with average grades but a not so average family I suppose...

Cameron was sitting on her bed reading a batman comic, the light was dim but I could see that it was one of the more recent versions of the comic. putting the key in my pocket, I closed the door.

"I like Marvel better." I said, pointing to the comic.

"Like most people do." She sighed.

"But I do know a lot from them, and joker has some points that you can agree with."

She closed her comic and put it on the floor.

"Sorry about the mess." She mumbled.

"It's fine," I washed my hands at the sink "I've seen worse."

"You should have seen my room before the tsunami."

"Couldn't have been that bad."

"Mouse were my friends."

"Okay, that is bad."

I looked at the schedule again, waking up at six in the morning. Above the door was a clock, should be achievable.

"I forgot, I should get you a toothbrush." Cameron dug under her bed. Pulling out a plain yellow toothbrush.

"Don't worry, it's clean." She laughed.

Taking it warily, I gave a muffled thank you.

"I forgot the toothpaste, here." She placed a half used toothpaste on the sink.

I thanked her again. I haven't brushed my teeth for a while but I still remembered how to do it. Toothpaste, toothbrush, put some water on it, brush. After counting exactly three minutes, I spat out the paste. Washing the toothbrush, I laid it with Cameron's toothbrush, which was pink. Cupping some water in my hands, I washed my mouth. Rinsed thoroughly and contempt, I took off my shoes and put it on the bedside. Laying down on the bed, I told Cameron good night. She replied, still reading her batman comic. Closing my eyes, I tried to remember everything that happened today.

Waking up at five fifty is an accomplishment that I have nobody to brag to yet I feel accomplished. Cameron was still sleeping so I slowly put on my boots, brushed me teeth, and went for breakfast. Many people woke up early, like me, breakfast wasn't served yet but the ladies were preparing. I saw Jesse and waved, she smiled at me, holding a tray of hash browns. One lady was writing the breakfast menu for today. Walking up to her, I checked, she was writing the last words and when she saw me she smiled and walked away. I checked the menu.

Eggs and bacon

French Toast

Poached egg and beans

Sides:

Hash Brown

Scones

Oatmeal

Drinks:

Apple Juice

Orange Juice

I walked away and went to the mechanical section table. Bradley yawned as he walked in and when he saw me, he walked towards me. I frantically tried to look for something to pretend I was busy but alas, I found nothing.