Chapter 13: Rush revolution

"BONFIRE AWW YEAH!" Jada Meyer whooped.

"Be careful! You'll drop chocolate wrapping and the dirt will go into the chocolate!" Neat freak Neil Molson warned while nearly dropping all the wood for the bonfire.

Everyone was getting ready for a student party, just kids our age and a bonfire. Nothing too dangerous. Cole Reid laid down the kindle and tinder, I held the flint and steel firmly, scratching the two together to create a spark. Half of us were preparing the food, others were readying the fire. It was my duty to give life to the fire and I held the honor seriously. Kindling the flint and steel together, the sparks came and died but the tinder still didn't catch fire. Rubbing the flint and steel harder together, my effort was rewarded.

"It's come to life!" Cole screamed, throwing the tinder into the wood, killing the fire instantly.

"What in the world dude?" Spencer Holder scolded.

Cole smiled embarrassingly.

"Sorry, I'll do it this time." Cole volunteered.

Staring at the fire, after feeling full from way too many sandwiches everyone lounged comfortably.

"Since we're all lazing here, it's time to do something resourceful!" Jada announced.

"Homework?" groaned Cole.

"No, truth or dare!" Jada squealed gleefully...

"Thanks for coming, everyone." Jerry uttered.

Allen, Jesse, Twinkle, and some people I didn't know stood in a circle in Jerry's room. Most crossed their arms, awaiting the proposal Jerry was offering.

"So you all know that whatever is said here is kept here, any traitor will meet my wrath because all of you agreed to start a revolution. Agreed?"

"Agreed." The cluster muttered.

"Now we have to start small, spread rebellious ideas among everyone. Women aren't used to incubate more children because the Baron wants to, they need to agree with it. Men aren't even given the choice to what they want to do. Children need to work even though they didn't before the rush. Those little things are seeds to sprout revolution. Who's with me?"

Everyone raised their hands.

"Any questions?"

Silence.

"Very well, dismissed."

Everyone shuffled out of Jerry's door cautiously, heading for the showers.

I gave Jerry a fist bump before leaving with the crowd. Twinkle sighed heavily and walked away.

My hair wet on my shoulders, I walked back into my dorm, the door now had Cameron and my name on it. After tracing my fingers on the bumpy surface, I took the key from my pocket and opened the door, realizing it was already unlocked I opened it. Cameron lay on her bed, reading the very same batman comic, unmoved. Sitting down on the edge of my bed, I thought about what Jerry said.

"Do you agree with the Baron's speeches?" I asked.

"No." Cameron replied firmly.

"So you'll be fine if the leadership was replaced?"

She closed her comic

"What are you getting on Atlantis?"

"I feel like a revolution is coming."

"What do you mean?"

I didn't say anything, I brushed my teeth and went to bed.