14

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen

the bright sun kissed the girls skin gently and she smiled at the warmth as she layed on the shore. she enjoyed the warmth of the sun in the Earth Kingdom far more than the icy poles. Katara and Aang practiced waterbending in the river while Sokka lounged around.

"you guys are gonna be done soon, right? we've got a lot of ground to cover if we want to make it to Omashu" Sokka says from his giant leaf float.

Yanmei sits up, "like you're ready to go right now, naked guy" she smirks.

Sokka lifts his hair from his eyes, "i can be ready in two minutes. seriously, whenever"

Yanmei watched as Katara taught Aang the octopus move, she would've done it herself, but she trained him the day before and wanted to rest for the day. she saw how Aang blushed when Katara was close to him and she smiled at the avatars crush on the water bender.

don't fall in love with the traveling girl

she'll leave you broken, broken hearted

the band of adults stopped their music when they saw the teens in the river, "hey! river people!"

"we're not river people" Katara says.

"you're not? then what kind of people are you?" the front man asks.

"just... people" Aang shrugs. Sokka walks up to the strangers.

"aren't we all brother!" the front man laughs.

Sokka points a finger at them, "who are you?"

"i'm Chang, and this is my wife Lily. we're nomads. happy to go wherever the wind takes us"

"you guys are nomads? that's great, i'm a nomad!" Aang exclaims.

"hey! me too!"

Aang gives the man a look, "i know.. you just said that"

"oh..." the man scratches his head and looks at Sokka, "nice underwear"

Sokka covers himself with Momo and walks away making Yanmei laugh at the water tribe boy. she walks over to where he was and waiting for him to change before talking to him.

"those nomads seem pretty fun, don't you think?" she laughs as she looks over to where Appa and Katara had braids and Aang had a flower crown on his head.

Sokka narrows his eyes, "they make me want cut my ears off"

Yanmei slaps in him on the arm, "don't be rude, Sokka! they just like to have fun. they don't care what people think about them"

"ow! i was kidding!" Sokka groaned as he rubbed his sore arm. Yanmei rolled her eyes. he's such a cry baby.

Sokka then got a good look at Yanmei and noticed she was just in a red bathing suit top and skirt and blushed as he looked away. but didn't ignore the fact that her scar was on full display.