Failed Attempts

Beca

It had been just over a month since their Regionals performance and Beca found herself yet again back on the Bellas white mini bus headed to Semi-Finals at the University of Richmond Virginia. This past month had been rather eventful in Beca's life. They kept practicing the same routine but you know "exactly the way we rehearsed it" before regionals, Chloe had taken them out to the club and they had a great time together, Lexa had officially started softball games (only two so far and of course they were undefeated), and her life at the radio station had taken off.

Last week Lexa and Beca had been studying in their dorm with the radio tuned to the campus station in support of Beca's job there. Suddenly she heard Luke introduce a new arrangement that he had recently heard and just had to play. The moment Beca's mix played through their dorm both her and her sister abandoned their studies in turn to celebrate the song being played, only seconds passed before they were both out the door and headed across campus to the station. Beca wanted to confront Luke and know if he actually did like the song, Lexa was on her phone calling Clarke to tell her to turn on the radio if she already hadn't. Beca burst through the doors and headed for the booth, blowing right past Jesse who had a creepy grin on his face.

"This is my track! You are playing my song right now! That is amazing! Do you like it?" If she was any happier Lexa would have probably already called for an ambulance to get her checked out. Her sister floated into the station after her.

"It's a sick beat! I'm sorry I didn't listen to your stuff sooner." Luke was lucky he was cute and had that damn British accent because otherwise he would get away with nothing. "I've heard a version of this before but yours is better."

"Yeah it is!" The voice made Beca jump because it was foreign in this place. She turned to see a smug looking Chloe standing between a proud Lexa and an entertained Jesse. Beca flicked her eyes between all the faces and then back to Luke before locking with clear blue eyes.

"Were you somehow involved in this?"

"Well only kind of. Luke and I go back to freshman year, we took Public Speaking together, and I needed a demo to take to Tyler for the club. I remembered you telling me that you gave a bunch to Luke but had never heard anything so I figured he would be willing to part with them. When I told him why I needed them he actually started to listen to them, so inadvertently yes this was my fault." Chloe looked her dead in the eye before her face fell at the end and her gaze dropped to her feet. God she is adorable when she is nervous! Beca started to move when Luke spoke again.

"I know you will probably be busy but I wanted you to take the night shift over spring break and play your music." Beca knew her jaw hit the floor when Luke kept talking. "I'm serious I will give you keys and everything, yes you will be the first freshman allowed in the booth."

"And Tyler got you a few slots to spin at Arkadia on the weekends." Chloe added in quietly. Beca didn't know what to do, she was so excited and so happy. Chloe basically got her life started for her, she gets to play her own music over live air and have people hear it, and she gets to spin at one of the hottest new clubs in town. All thanks to that fiery redhead who burst into her shower and that she calls her girlfriend. Beca sprinted across the space between them and locked their lips together pouring as much emotion and gratitude into that kiss that she could. When she thought about it really Luke was the only person here that didn't know about them (Jesse did catch her staring and knew she was into her).

That was one of the best days she had had at college so far and she was still reeling from it. She and Chloe had, of course, sat on opposite sides of the bus to keep up their act until after this performance. Beca couldn't help but steal glances over her shoulder at her though, what else could she do? She was bored! She also may have forgotten her headphones back in her dorm because she was distracted by pale pink soft lips that were perfectly forming to her own. Worth it! She thought to herself with a smile and another glance over her shoulder, this time she was caught and the smile returned. That was when the text messages started.