I've surprised him that much is obvious. "Law Enforcement? It's true then? You favor combative magic?"

What could I possibly answer to that question?

"Indeed, she is the best." My godfather answers for me in a thick voice.

Looking pleased the Dark Lord takes a step back. "Let's test that shall we?"

In a move that was too fast to see, the Dark Lord sends a dark curse I've never heard of before my way. I gasp pulling my wand out and casting a protego by instinct.

The Dark Lord's spell rebounds and hits a defenseless Death Eater I didn't know the name of. In less than a second, the Death Eater was on his knees bleeding out heavily.

That terrible spell almost hit me. I could have been the one bleeding on the ground.

He laughs a horrible sounding cackle that made my stomach turn. "What a lady. You remind me of someone. Draco must be so proud to have you."

Draco nods looking pale. His worry was evident.

"We'll see to your career in the Law Enforcement." He casts a final look my way that was almost heart warming if that was even possible.

And with that, he disapparates away ending my first real confrontation with the Dark Lord.

-

That same night, Draco goes back with me to my suite in Ireland away from London. Damn the pureblood customs and traditions.

Once were safely tucked into my room, Draco let's out a blood curdling scream grasping his arm in pain. The tears followed after that.

He cast spell after spell of pain relief magic but nothing seemed to work. I offered pain relief potion but not even that could satisfy him.

Finally, I offered the last thing I had, a potion for Dreamless Sleep. It knocks him out instantly letting his breathing finally even out but his face still contorted with pain.

I pull his sleeves up and look down at the mark. It was red and angry. When Draco was awake, he looked like he was restraining himself from ripping it off him.

I silently applied cold compress on his forehead and the surrounding area of his mark. From Severus stories, a weaker man, usually faints when the mark is burned into his forearm. I felt pride for Draco. He held it in bravely.

-

Draco is knocked out for three days. I continue my training with the Irish National Team in the mornings more to distract myself than anything else and tend to Draco in the afternoon.

When he finally wakes up, he crushes me into a long hug. "I'm so sorry you had to see that, my love."

"I promised you that we are in this together." I whisper returning his hug and placing a kiss on his cheek lovingly.

He melts into my touch. "I love you, Kally."

"I love you more, Draco."

Draco pulls away and takes my hand in his. He traces small circles on my fingers and looks down. "I can't wait to put a ring on this finger."

Despite the current happenings, I blush looking away.

He smiles taking my chin and turning me to look him in his stormy grey eyes. "You'll say yes, won't you?"

I pause teasingly. "I wouldn't-"

Draco grunts. "Kally..."

"Well, you'll find out when you ask me." I say giving him a long kiss on the mouth.

He kisses back slowly and pulls away pressing his forehead to mine. "I can't stay."

"What?" I protest holding onto his robes. "Why not? They've marked you! You're free for the rest of the summer."

Draco laughs half heartedly. "I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, love. Now that I'm an official Death Eater, I have things to take care of."

"You have a mission already?"

He nods looking away. "I don't want you involved. I hope you respect that, Kally."

I'm torn between being the perfect society would be wife or being the forceful partner that I was.

Obviously, it's the latter.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy! We promised we'd do this together. Do not turn your back on me now."

Draco narrows his eyes and sighs closing his eyes. He expected this already. "Kally, it's dangerous. If something were to happen to you because I got you involved I'm going to lose it. I know I will."

"Nothing will happen if you let me help you. We can work on it together as a team. Devoted and united, remember?"

Draco turns away and pulls at his hair in frustration. I let him grumble and groan until finally he turns and takes a seat beside me on the bed. "I have to kill someone."

"Potter?"

He shakes his head looking even more pale and sickly than he originally was.

My eyes scan his and suddenly I understand. "Dumbledore."