Fourteen: What The Hell Is A Stiles

I was watching a movie with Alex and Claire when I got a text from Malia to meet her about something important. I made my way to the school and bumped into Lydia. We found Malia and looked at her confused.

"Has it really come to this?" I asked seeing her in cuffs. She rolled her eyes.

"Can you give me a hand?" She asked. Lydia sighed and walked over.

"If this is a new after-school club, count me out?"

"I've got a problem. I'm growling at people in class. I'm clawing at my desk. I tried turning the floor of my bedroom into a coyote den. Do these look familiar to you guys?" She asked while tugging on the cuffs. I crossed my arms.

"No. Why would it?" I asked.

"Malia, do you really think this is going to keep you safe?" Lydia asked looking at her.

"They used to. Before the lake house, this is where I'd come for the full moon. But you two weren't down here with me. Scott wasn't down here with me." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Right, so who was?"

"Yeah you couldn't have done it alone." Lydia looked down in thought.

The sound of my phone ringing interupted us. I grabbed it seeing Scott's name flashing on my screen.

"Hey whats up?" I answered. Scott told us to simply meet him somewhere. We left the school and headed to meet Scott. Once we got to the location, we got out the car and walked up to him.

"Why are we in the woods?" I sighed.

"I went to bed at home and I woke up out here in the woods. About a mile out. I think there's a reason why this is all happening."

"Well no shit Sherlock." I huffed looking around.

"No, I've been out here before. It was the beginning of sophomore year the night before tryouts for First Line. I remember because it was all that I could think about." We followed him as he walked deeper into the woods.

"What were you doing?" Malia asked.

"I was looking for a dead body." He said.

"Thats the story of my life." I snickered.

"That's horrible Nadeen." Lydia said.

"Oh please banshee."

"What was I doing out here all alone?" Scott continued to think outloud.

"I wish I could help you, but I wasn't here for that." I shrugged.

"I was still a coyote so I might've tried to eat it." Malia shrugged.

"Deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. But I need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying." Scott sighed.

"Maybe you were just a curious teenager. You heard there was a body." Lydia suggested.

"But how? I never watched the news. And I didn't have a police scanner."

"Your mom works at the hospital. Maybe she got called in and you overheard her?" I suggested trying my best to help.

"My mom wasn't home that night. I live five miles away from here. How did I get here?" Scott looked at us.

"You drove." Malia suggested.

"I didn't have a car."

"You ran?"

"I couldn't have. I had asthma. I was hiding, but they knew that I was here." Scott huffed.