Chapter 13

Eventually, all of the students had been sorted. There were forty-five in Gryffindor, thirty in Slytherin, thirteen in Ravenclaw, and twelve in Hufflepuff.

Once McGonagall told her welcome speech and explained that the forbidden forest was forbidden and all of that, she started the feast.

Food filled the tables and soon people were stuffing their plates and faces.

"You know it's not that bad being back. Sure, it has its bad memories, but it also has good memories. Like I wouldn't know any of you if I never came here. And just thinking about that makes me go crazy." Harry said after he took a drink of pumpkin juice.

"Cheers to that!" Ron exclaimed.

Everyone laughed and cheered.

At the end of the feast, McGonagall was about to dismiss everyone when she made a quick announcement.

"Everyone is dismissed except for the seventh and eighth years. I would like to announce something to the rest of you." 

Everyone who was in their first through the sixth year all left the great hall and soon most people had left.

"Now I would like to announce a special ball that will be held here on Friday night. There will be no Hogsmead trip because there is no need for you to buy a dress. You will understand why the night of the ball. Now you are all dismissed."

We all stood from our seats and headed to exit the great hall when McGonagall came up to me, Thalia, and Nico. 

"Hello, you three. Please follow me to your living space, as you will not be staying in any of the house common rooms."

The three of us said goodbye to the others and we followed McGonagall to the newly made eighth floor. She took us to a portrait of the four founders and stopped right in front of it.

"Password?" Godric Gryffindor asked.

"Olympia," McGonagall said before the portrait swung open to reveal a huge common room. 

"Woah..." I whispered as I looked around.

There was a fireplace surrounded by chairs and couches and a coffee table. House banners were hanging everywhere and the symbols of the gods were hung on banners as well.

"You know don't you?" Nico asked McGonagall.

I looked over to her and she nodded.

"I have known the whole time. Chiron had told me through an Iris Message before you arrived," she responded with a smile.

I sighed a breath of relief and I walked deeper into the room. I heard the portrait swing closed and I knew the others started to look around also.

"There are three bedrooms up the main staircase. The one on the far left is Thalia's, the one in the middle is Percy's, and the one to the far right is Nico's. Now, I will leave you three to it and I will see you three early tomorrow morning at breakfast." McGonagall said before walking out.

***

It's Friday night and everyone had met in our common room.

"Do you have any idea why we don't need dresses or suits, 'Mione?" Draco asked.

"Maybe they want us to just relax and not worry about what to wear? I sadly have no clue," she responded as she thought harder.

"Well how about we stop wondering and head to the ball? It's starting in ten minutes and it will take a while to get to considering how far we are from it." I said as I stood up from the chair I was sitting at.

"Best idea by far," Harry said with a smile.

And with that, we all left the common room and headed to the great hall.

As we walked into the great hall we felt a spell being cast onto us. When we looked over ourselves we realized there was a spell that put us into the perfect outfits.

Hermione had a sleeveless, long, red, ballgown, matching red heels, and a golden heart locket.

Ginny had a sleeveless, long and flowy, lavender dress, silver heels, and a matching light amethyst and silver earring and ring set.

Pansy had an emerald green dress that fit like a second skin, matching heels, and a matching diamond earring and necklace set.

Daphne had a pale blue dress that was sleeveless, and long, she had gold heels, and a set of opal earrings.

Thalia was wearing a long, sleeveless, navy blue dress, silver heels, and a silver lightning bolt necklace.

Draco and Blaise each had on a black suit with an emerald green tie.

Theo had a white suit with an emerald green tie.

Harry had a black suit with a dark purple tie.

Ron had a black suit with a red tie.

Nico had a black suit with a dark grey tie.

And I was wearing a grey suit with a blue tie.

"Bloody hell we look good!" Ron exclaimed.

Everyone laughed and agreed.

"Well, now that we look good how about we all go dancing?" Pansy asked with a smirk.

Everyone agreed and we all ran onto the dance floor.

We danced, ate food, drank punch, and had fun for hours.

The great hall was decorated with fairy lights and floating candles and other things that made it look absolutely amazing.

A song had just ended when McGonagall got everyone's attention.

"If I could have everyone's attention I would like to introduce some special guests."

She put out a hand to the right-hand entrance to the great hall and I couldn't believe who were the special guests.