Part One: Evan's Prologue

Start from the beginning

Maybe it would have been worth it.

4.

When I was seventeen I overheard Lucien tell his beta, Damien that he was done with Ava now. He was bored and he needed to get rid of her.

I knew that he had already rejected her but now he was going to kill her.

I had sat back for two whole years and done nothing to help this girl and now I decided that I needed to do something. She deserved better than this, she deserved a life. So that's when I decided to give her mine.

She was always locked up in the basement, when I knew that Lucien and Damien were out I ran down the stairs and unbuckled her shackles.

She was dirty, bruised and tired. I knew that she didn't have long left so she needed to get out of here now.

When she thanked me a guilty pang raced through my heart, she shouldn't be thanking me. She should hate me, she should despise me for sitting back for so long and doing absolutely nothing.

I don't deserve this life.

I was a coward.

Coward.

5.

Lucien beat me to pulp, he beat me so badly that my wolf stopped healing itself. My wolf no longer had the strength or the capability to heal my wounds.

I was a useless piece of nothing.

My vision was blurry, my ears started to ring, my heart slowed down.

This was it. I was finally going to die.

I saw my parents above the light, my whole body felt like it was being elevated. And just when I thought I was going to go, my eyes opened and I found myself laying on the cold hard floor of the pit.

Coughing up crimson red blood and spluttering it all over the floor, my lungs felt like they had collapsed, my ribs felt like they were broken beyond repair.

He didn't kill me but I wish he did.

6.

A few months later the pack house was invaded, almost everyone in sight was killed.

Lucien, Damien and I were taken away.

I was scared because I didn't know what they were going to do to us, I had suffered enough. I couldn't bare the pain, I just wanted it to be over.

The guy who kidnapped us revealed himself to be Ava's new mate Jaxon.

I remember Lucien's eyes going wide at the idea of her having a second mate, then he laughs calling her pathetic and weak.

Jaxon hit him repeatedly.

When Ava saw us all, I didn't expect her to spare me or to feel sorry for me. I could have tried to help her but I didn't, petrified of my own brother to even attempt.

Ava told Jaxon that I was the one to let her go, he told her that he'll decide what happens.

I watched as Jaxon and his pack took away Lucien and Damien, I heard their screams as they were killed.

I felt nothing for Lucien, he deserved it.

So did I.

But he spares my life.

Jaxon's sister Lucy has powers to see into someone's past, she used her powers on me. Then tells Jaxon I'm "good as gold." That I let Ava go and I'm not like Lucien.

Jaxon doesn't trust me and I don't expect him to. They let me stay in their pack house under Jaxon's watchful eye, I try to be as transparent as possible and stay out of everyone's way.

Now all I can think is that I'm finally away from my brother and I can breathe.

Except I don't want to be here because I am a sinner.

And bad things happen to those who are sinners.

.  .  .

Can't wait to post the first chapter.

Hope you guys are excited!

Love, Savanna x