"Let Annabelle handle it. But, I do have a request. Please sent her fresh bouquet of flowers every morning until she's healthy enough to leave the infirmary." Fred chuckled.

"What was so funny?" Fred shakes his head.

"What kind of flowers would that be?" What kind? Hmmm.

"Red roses would be nice." Fred raised an eyebrow when I told him.

"Fresh bouquet of red roses every morning?" I nod. Why? Is is impossible for such capable advisor like him to do so?

"Why? It's not possible?" He shake his head no.

"Just, red roses symbolised love. Do you love Lady Kathryn, my emperor?" Where did all of this came from?!

"So when someone buys and give roses to someone else does that means love as well? Come on Fred. Pulled your mind out of the gutter. That is all wives tale." Why am I being so defensive about this? He laughs.

"I rest ... my case." I shake my head.

The maid bows when I arrived at the royal lounge room where my first appointment is waiting for me. They opens the door to let me in.

"Lady Hermine, I'm sorry for the long wait." Lady Hermine stood up and bows.

"No problem at all, my emperor. I'm just glad you find the time to meet a peasant like me." Why does she always look down on herself like that.

"Please don't say that, Hermine. We're friends and friends help each other." She smiled when I finally drop the formality.

"Alvia ... I think you know why I'm here today, correct?" I gave her a little nod and asked Fred and the maids to wait outside. I'm sure she doesn't want anyone other than me to know about this.

The text she sent me was quite ... important for me to ignore.

"I know I shouldn't bother you after what happened and with the shooting and all. But I really, really need your help with this, Alvia." She finally let her tears flow on her cheek.

"Alvia ... please find my brother for me. Please ... he's the only brother I have and he is important for me." It's been 4 months since her brother, Sir Drew disappears without a trace.

At first I thought he was kidnapped but he left a note stating that it's his own decision to go away from his lavish lifestyle. But as the oldest, I understand how Hermine is feeling right now. Even I would feel lost if I never talk to my siblings for months.

"Hermine. It's not that I don't want to help you with this but I did try and we did found him. Don't you remember what he said when he saw us? He said that he is in love and he will never go back to your household if your parents doesn't allow their relationship." Hermine break down in tears when I remind her of Drew's outburst.

I decided to sit beside her to calm her down. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and let her cry on my shoulder. Honestly, I know I shouldn't be entertaining her when there is far more serious matter that need my attention. But I always told myself that I will always have time for friends and family.

"I missed him Alvia. As the oldest you should know if Kennedy or Madeline decided to leave you so suddenly. Please, can't you ask Fred to find him for me? I promise I'll pay you back equal to your help." I hate to see her like this.

"Alright. I'll try to find him for you. I'll let you know when I have some info on him. Let's pray that he's at the same village like when we found him before." Hermine thank me and wipe her tears.

"Now, that's not the only reason why I'm here after all. I should get down to business." And just like that she's back to being the Hermine I know. It's like as if there's a switch for her to flip to change her attitude.