Chapter 20: The Waterbending Master

Author note: Here we are. We are finally in the Northern Water Tribe arc. The final arc of Book 1: Water. Naruto had a lot of battles to get to this point, but soon the stage will be set for Naruto's most difficult battle in the Avatar world so far! Also enjoy the new cover I found on YouTube that I would make the 'new' intro of this series starting from this 'episode'

 Naruto had a lot of battles to get to this point, but soon the stage will be set for Naruto's most difficult battle in the Avatar world so far! Also enjoy the new cover I found on YouTube that I would make the 'new' intro of this series starting ...

Naruto was steering Appa, who was flying low, above a large body of water, while Aang (who had spent the previous day flying Appa), Katara, and Sokka were sitting on the bison saddle.
"I'm not one to complain..." Sokka started to say.
"Yes you are." Naruto quickly said.
"I'm NOT... but can Appa fly any higher?" Sokka asked, as Appa decended a bit more.
"Sokka, Appa flew all day yesterday! He's probably tired!" Naruto pointed out.
"And the day before that. We've been flying for 2 days straight. So let's all calm down. We're probably all a little cranky." Katara said.
'And you won't stop thinking of ramen... honestly, Naruto.... don't you eat anything else?' Yue asked.
'I do. I just like ramen the best!' Naruto replied, remembering a few times he went to eat barbecue meat with Team 10 (Team Asuma).
"Sometimes I wonder why we are even bothering to fly. We can't even find the Northen Water Tribe." Sokka stated.
"We're almost there." Naruto replied. He felt it. His mental link with Yue had been almost like a homing beacon to the Northern Water Ttibe.
"You feel it because of your mental link thingy... I'm starting to doubt that it's real and maybe you should check a mental hospital back in the Earth Kingdom." Sokka retorted. Suddenly ice formed around Appa, Naruto growled.
"Looks like we found them." Naruto said, not liking the lack of hospitality so far from the members of the tribe.
"It's the Avatar! We are very sorry for our lack of good manners." said a member of the Water Tribe. Naruto nodded.
'You are always so quick to forgive.' Yue pointed out.

Appa swam alongside the boats of the tribe members that had attacked him as Naruto and friends were being escorted by the boats and their inhabitiants.
"There it is!" Aang said as he pointed ahead. Ahead was a large icy wall with the Water Tribe symbol on it.
"The Northern Water Tribe." Katara said in awe.
"We're finally here." Sokka said. As they got near the wall, the waterbenders used their ability to control ice to make an opening to the tribe territory.
"That is pretty cool!" Naruto said as he commented on what he had just saw. As more benders arrived to allow Naruto and friends to enter the Northern Water Tribe, they saw the display of bending with all.
"I can't believe how many waterbenders like up here." Katara said in awe.
"We'll find a master to teach us, no problem!" Aang replied with excitement. As Appa swam into the tribe, being shown to the center of the tribe by a boat, people gathered around where they could to catch a glimpse of the Avatar's arrival. Suddenly a boat went out to meet them and stopped.
"It's nice to finally meet you in person, Naruto." Yue said. Naruto smiled.
"Whoa.... she's pretty!" Sokka said in awe.
"Unfortunately, I can't show you around the tribe just yet. I have some dutys to tend too. But know I will time to see you very soon, Naruto." Yue informed the ninja and Yue's boat started going forward again.
"See you later, Yue!" Naruto said as he waved at her.
"Still doubting the mind link now, Sokka?" Katara asked. Sokka shook his head.
"Nope... now I'm just envious." Sokka replied.