Chapter 3: The story of Naruto Uzumaki [The Secret Scroll]

Naruto woke up from another nightmare... the fact that Sasuke betrayed the village... abandoned hia friends... it started to shake Naruto at his core, but Naruto failed to realize he had yelled out loud when he woke up, waking up his new friends.
"Naruto, are you ok?" Katara asked with concern in her voice. Naruto sighed.
"Yeah, I'm fine Katara. Just a bad dream, it's no big deal." Naruto replied, but Katara knew better... she knew that something was wrong... she could see it in his eyes.
"Naruto, we're your friends. We can't help you if you won't let us in." Katara said.
"Does this have to do with that burden you never wanted? You never explained what it was, Naruto" Sokka pointed out.
"Yeah, you asked us not to hate you once you told us? Why would we hate you?" Aang asked. Naruto sighed.
"Because I hold a monster inside me. 13 years ago, a powerful nine tailed fox demon attacked my home, The Village Hidden in the Leaves, and the village leader, the Fourth Hokage stood up to the creature. The Fourth was able to beat the Nine Tails, but he couldn't kill it... so he died sealing the demon into a baby..." Naruto explained. Aang's eyes widened.
"That baby was you, wasn't it?" Aang asked. Naruto nodded.
"Yes. When I grew up, a law was passed by the returning Third Hokage to keep the truth of the Nine Tails inside me a secret from me. I guess the Old Man just wanted me to live a normal childhood... but it didn't work out that way. I was hated by the village. I was lonely. I used to play pranks all over the village just so I wouldn't be ignored by the village." Naruto explained.
"I'm surprised you remained loyal to a village like that. I don't know how I would fear if the Southern Water Tribe thought I was a monster" Katara said. Naruto smiled, confusing the others.
"Well, I got lucky, because right when I thought I was going crazy... I found someone who believed in me... and life got better ever since..." Naruto said.
"Can you tell us the story?" Aang asked.
"Sure. I guess it couldn't hurt to tell a few stories about my life back home" Naruto answered.

Flashback:
12 year old Naruto Uzumaki was the trouble child of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, and he was also the dead last of his class at the Ninja Academy. Apparently, he had no talent for the ninja arts... but he had willpower... and the guts to never give up. This was the day of the final exam at the Academy... a final exam that Naruto had failed twice in a row the previous 2 years.

"For your final exam, you must each perform the Clone Jutsu! Wait here until your name is called, and then come next door." Naruto's teacher, Iruka Umino instructed his students.
'Clones! Why did it have to be clones! The Clone Jutsu is my worst technique!' Naruto thought as he held his face, dreading the test to come. Soon, Naruto's name was called.

Naruto walked into a room, that had all of it's desk emptied out. Only the teacher's desk remained, where Iruka and another Academy teacher, Mizuki sat. At the desk was dozens of Hidden Leaf Village headbands, the sign of a ninja. Naruto charged his chakra.
"Behold, a perfect double!" Naruto announced before a weak looking clone poofed into existence, lying on the ground with his tounge sticking out like it just ran a Marathon or something!
"YOU FAIL!" Iruka yelled so loud that the volume alone practically knocked Naruto over.
"Iruka Sensei... this is his third time, and he did manage to basically conjure up one clone, even if it was a little flawed... (next part whispered) I'm not great at Clones myself... but what if we just give him a break and..." Mizuki started to say before Iruka cut him off.
"The answer is no, Mizuki. Every student is supposed to generate three clones... Naruto only produced one, and he did it very badly. With all due respect, his performance doesn't merit a passing grade." Iruka responded, making Naruto glare at him in anger.

Back to the present:
"Wait, you failed when the jutsu you were tested on was the Clone Jutsu? But it seems like you can create armies single handedly!" Katara said in shock. Naruto chuckled a bit as he put his hand behind his head.
"I haven't gotten to that part yet. But yeah, Clone Jutsu was my worst jutsu back then, it's kinda hard to believe looking back" Naruto replied.