Girl or Boy

Nika is 8 here

TRIGGER WARNING; DYSPHORIA AND BULLYING AND ANXIETY ATTACK

Nika was at school and it was recess time for her and her class. Third grade was already a bit hard on her, seeing as she was diagnosed with ADD and she already had a bully. She was always called dumb, stupid, slow and other names that had to do with her ADD. A lot of times she'd get home and be crying, worrying he dads. That wasn't her biggest problem though. Her biggest problem was accepting the fact that she is transgender. She never felt like a girl, even when she was younger. Every time she went to the bathroom, she'd examine herself in the mirror and imagine herself with short hair and a deeper voice. She didn't know how to tell her parents that she felt she was born in the wrong body, but she knew she'd have to tell them anyway. She walked out of the bathroom and saw her parents sitting on the couch together and walked over to them, getting their attention.

"Hey sweetie, something wrong?"

Valt asked, seeing that Nika almost looked upset.

"I have to tell you guys something... I just don't want you guys to be mad."

"We're not gonna be mad, honey. Just tell us."

Shu told her as she sat at the end of the chase.

"Uhmm... I think.. I..-"

She stammered, trying not to cry. She almost couldn't get the words out of her mouth.

"I'm transgender..."

As soon as she said it, she began crying. Shu and Valt were surprised, but they also were proud of her for being brave enough to come out to them, especially at such a young age.

"Nika, it's okay. You don't have to cry, baby."

Shu said as he pulled her into his arms and held her.

"Nika, we're not mad. We're happy for you."

Valt spoke, rubbing Nika's back.

"I'm sorry!"

Nika cried out.

"Nika, calm down, you don't have to apologize."

-

Once Nika finally calmed down, she explained to her dads why she felt she was a boy instead. They agreed to call her by male pronouns and her preferred name once she picked one. The only thing Valt wasn't happy about was the name situation since he named her after his late sister. He knew he would get over it though. The boys took their son to get new clothes and get his haircut. His white hair that he inherited from Shu, was gonna be cut very short. Nika was still choosing a name to go by that he liked, but he couldn't think of anything. They got to the barber shop and Nika pulled up an image on his phone, showing the stylist what haircut he wanted.

 They got to the barber shop and Nika pulled up an image on his phone, showing the stylist what haircut he wanted

Nika was happy with the way his hair turned out, as did Valt and Shu.

-

The three of them finally got home and were tired. On the way home, Nika had finally picked out his name.

"Dad, Daddy. I think I thought of the name I wanna go by."

"That's great, dear. What've you chosen?"

Shu asked.

"How does Nero sound?"

The fathers exchanged looks with each other and smiled.

"It's perfect, Son."

Valt assured Nero. Both of his dads hugged him and kissed each side of his head.

"I'm gonna go shower."

Nero said as he headed to the bathroom. Once he was out of the room, Shu knew Valt was gonna break down, so he grabbed Valt and sat him down on the couch and tried to calm him down.

"Valt, it's okay. It's gonna be okay."

Shu tried to assure his boyfriend as he felt him begin to shake and figured he was having one of his anxiety attacks. Shu pulled Valt closer to him and hugged him as he rubbed his back.

"Valty, take deep breaths."

Shu told him. Valt tried to take deep breaths, but it turned into hyperventilating as he started pulling at his own hair.

"Valt, Valt! Stop it, baby!"

Shu yelled at him as he grabbed his wrists and restrained him.

"Nika!"

Valt started shouting, referring to his sister.

"Valt!"

"Shu, I wanna see her! Let me see my sister!"

Valt yelled.

"Valt, what are you trying to ask me to do?"

"Kill me so I can see her!"

"Fuck no. Valt, you know I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. You know better. You would leave me and your... Son?!"

Shu asked, still trying to get Nero's new pronouns correct.

"No..."

Valt replied, clinging on to Shu.

"I'm sorry, Shu!"

"You're okay, Valt. You're gonna be okay."

Shu tried to reassure the blunette.

-

After Nero was dressed and out of the shower, he could hear his dad sobbing in the living room. He began to think that it was because he came out as transgender to them, but when he went out and asked, his other dad told him what was going on.

"Dad... Dad, it's going to be okay. I know you miss Aunt Nika, but there's nothing you can do."

Nero told his dad.

"I know, sweetie... You just remind me so much of her. No matter what gender you are you'll always remind me of my sister."

-------------------
Okay, this chapter was shitty, I know. If anyone comments anything transphobic, your ass is getting blocked.