Prologue

"Which planet did you grow up on?"

I felt my face burn. "Earth," I replied, preparing myself for a confrontation.

The corners of his mouth turned up a little.

"That's interesting," he commented.

My eyes widened.

"You-you aren't angry?" I asked

He looked amused. "Why would I be?"

I looked down and shifted my feet.

He bent down and looked at me with his unnerving blue-grey eyes. "Are you lost?"

I nodded my head ashamedly.

He took my hand and said "Let's get you to somewhere safe, little one. This is not a place for you."

I followed him and we went to one of the backdoors of the stadium.

He opened this discreet door that if he didn't point out I would never have noticed it existed.

"I told you Sora, that we don't have time for th-who is that boy, Solace?" A muscular, middle-aged man, looking to be from the Sombrero Galaxy from his tattoos, glared at me.

Across from him was a holographic image projector, which promptly vanished after the man swept his arm through it.

"I found him wandering around the forbidden halls, sir. I had to get him to safety." The young adult who saved me replied.

The man snorted, "It's just like you to take pity on feeble life forms." Uninterested, he turned to the image projector, typing in some kind of code.

Solace paused. "He's from Earth, sir."

That changed the man's attitude immediately. He turned around and looked at me as if I was a bug under a microscope.

"From Earth, you say?"

Solace nodded.

The man approached me.

"How old are you? Tell me, boy!" The man said in a demanding tone.

"N-nine," I stuttered in reply.

He narrowed his eyes at me and grabbed my arm roughly. "Stuttering." he stated. "Bad habit."

He was starting to intimidate me.

"With due respect sir, you've only met the boy-"

A middle-aged woman who gave off a motherly aura suddenly entered the room.

"Honestly, Officer Orliyan, can you stop analyzing people for your own political use for two seconds? Look, he is but a boy!"

She apparently heard the last few sentences of our conversation.

"Ah, but he is from Earth."

She hesitated. Then she crossed her arms and huffed. "Still doesn't excuse your treatment of him!"

Officer Orliyan raised his eyebrows skeptically. "By the right that is given to me by the council, I can-"

Solace abruptly brought out a stun gun and shot me. The last thing I remember before falling unconscious was: what is going on here?