Chapter 19

*LEIGH'S POV*

I finally got out of the hospital and since I've been home Ryder seems to be walking on eggshells whenever he is around me. 

I didn't have much time to think about all the shit I went through when those dickbags took me because Ryder distracted or I was too hopped up on pain meds to think. I was able to sleep peacefully at the hospital, but I know that without that morphine drip sleep won't come easy. 

I can still feel their disgusting hands on my body and the pain they put me through. Ryder has been by my side the entire time and I could not be more grateful. I decided a shower would do me some good. Ryder was sitting on my bed, surprisingly doing his homework he had missed when he was with me in the hospital. 

I gather my clothes and towels and head into the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I haven't looked in a mirror since I was first taken and to be honest, I was terrified. With the shower running behind me I just stared at my face and my still fully clothed body. My face was bruised and various stitches and bandages covered my face. Tears were already cascading down my face. I was scared to take my sweatpants and sweatshirt off and see what happened to the rest of my body. With one final breathe I got the balls to carefully undress. 

I looked up in the mirror and gasped, my hand automatically covered my mouth and the tears continued to stream down my face. My body was littered in various bruises and scars and bandages. My body had healed a lot during my week of sleep at the hospital, but my body still looked awful. I was so thin and I looked so broken. I felt so broken. 

"Angel? Is everything okay in there?" Ryder's voice laced with concern and worry interrupted my pity party. I couldn't the sobs from escaping my mouth. I couldn't even answer him, but eyes were glued to the broken girl staring back at me. 

"I'm coming in baby," Ryder said before twisting the doorknob. His muscular frame blocked my view of the mirror and his large arms encapsulated my tiny shaking body. 

"I'm so sorry Leigh," Ryder said pulling back a little. His beautiful eyes were now glassy with unshed tears as he looked at my bloodshot orbs. 

"I'm disgusting," I whisper to Ryder as I look at the mess I now have to call my body. I'm so scared he isn't going to want me anymore, especially now that he has seen my completely naked body for the first time since he saved me. 

"Don't you dare say that angel, you are not disgusting, nor will you ever be disgusting. You are the most beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of looking at and these scars and bruises just show me how strong you are. I'm so sorry you had to endure all that pain because of me, but I promise you I will never leave your side. I will help you recover from that nightmare because I love you and I know I will always love you. You are my heart and soul, baby, and I wouldn't have it any other way." Ryder finished his beautiful monologue and now we are both in sobbing in my bathroom and the shower is still running. 

He fished for something in his pocket before pulling out a small velvet box. Was this motherfucker really about to propose to me? I love him and all but we are a little young and I would have liked a more romantic proposal than one where I'm naked and we are surrounded by steam from the shower and we are in the fucking bathroom. I mean who the fuck proposes to someone next to the place they take a shit and don't even get me started o-

"Angel?" Ryder interrupts my inner panic and then I realize I have been just staring at this box for like five minutes in complete silence. I look up at him and he smiles down at me. 

"I'm not proposing to you," I let out a sigh of relief, "yet," a smile makes its way to my face yet again. "I love you and I don't think I will ever stop loving you, so" he opens the box and presents a beautiful ring to me. "I want to give you this promise ring until we are both ready for me to put a big ass diamond ring on your sexy little finger," Ryder finishes with a smirk. 

I totally forget all the bullshit I've been through and smile so wide I feel like my face is going split in two. I can't even form words so I just nod my face and squeeze the life out of my beautiful boyfriend. 

"Now shall we use up that shower water before it dries out?" Ryder asks as he pulls his shirt over his head and takes his sweatpants and boxers off. He gently guides us into the shower and begins to massage my head with my shampoo. He is humming some song and at that moment I felt at peace, even with my disgusting body and horrible memories. I know I am safe and I am loved and I will get through that shitty part of my life. 

I turn around and put my arms around Ryder's neck while going up on my tippy toes to capture his lips with mine. And let's just say one thing led to another and we stayed in the shower for quite some time. 

We finally left the bathroom and got ready for bed. Ryder promised me he wouldn't leave me alone at night, so he has been staying in my room. We both get under the covers and I am pulled into Ryder's rock hard chest. He nuzzles his head in my neck and lets out a sigh of content. 

"Thank you, Ryder," I say to him in the dark silence. 

"For what, angel?" He asks confused. 

"For loving me and caring for me," I say in a whisper before being consumed by sleep.