'Oh gosh, here it comes.' Matt thought to himself. He wasn't exactly a golden star student.

 "Matthew, you-"

 "If I may, Mr. Davis." Matt cut him off. "I know I cut class in the past, I know I'm barely getting a C average and I definitely know my behavior hasn't been the best. But I'm ready to work harder and be a better student, sir." Matt smiled at his new principal, trying to sell his act the best he could.

 Ryan just rolled his eyes, his brother said the same little speech at every school they go to. "I'm so glad to hear that." Mr. Davis smiled back at him. "Consider this school a whole new start."

 "Yes sir." Matt nodded. Ryan glared at his big brother and then looked down at his wrist that was covered in pink glitter pen. Matt lightly kicked him under the table when Mr. Davis was looking away.

  "Great, so here are your schedules." Mr. Davis handed the boys each a piece of paper. "I've assigned you each a buddy that is in your homeroom, to help you find your locker and classes."

 "Great." Matt mumbled too quiet for Mr. Davis to hear. Two girls walked into the office, one was a tiny redhead with her hair cut to a bob, wearing a white button up shirt and a black skirt. The other girl was taller and much older, she had long brown hair and was wearing jeans and a Marvel t-shirt that was tucked into her belt buckle. Her hair was pulled in a messy bun and she had big black glasses. "Matthew, Ryan, this is Katie and Poppy. You guys better be on your way before your late."

 Matt stood up and walked over to the older girl. "Hey." He smiled at her.

 "Hi, I'm Katie, you must be Matthew." She put out her hand for him to shake.

 "Ya, that's me." He quickly shook it and then looked back at his little brother who was talking to the redhead he assumed was Poopy. "You good Ry?"

 "Ya, I'll see you later Mattie." He and Poppy then walked out of the office and how the hall.

 "Right this way." Katie walked through the door and Matt followed her. "So your from the UK?" She asked as they walked down endless hallways filled with lockers.

 "Ya." He nodded.

 "Which part?" Kaite was obviously just trying to break the awkward silence between them.

 "All over, I've been moving all my life."

 "Oh cool." She forced a laugh and then stopped at a random locker. "This is yours, the combination should be on the top of your schedule. 

 Matt looked at his schedule, at the top there was his locker number and combination. Matt looked at the numbers, then the lock and raised his eyebrow. He tried putting it in and Katie laughed at how clueless he looked. "Am I doing it wrong?" Matt laughed back.

 "Just a little. Here, let me show you." She put her hand over his, that was still placed on the lock. "Three times to the right the clear it." She said as she moved Matt's fingers. "Then stop at zero and go to the right two times and land on your first number, back to the left once then land on the second number, then back to the right and stop at the third number. Then you push up and pull your locker open." When the locker opened Katie let go of Matt's hand.

"I might need help with that again." Matt laughed and started putting his things into his locker.

 "Well lucky for you I'm your shadow today. We have all four classes together, that's why Mr. Davis picked me to help you around. Well that and I need volunteer hours for national honors society." She laughed.

 "So your basically just using me?" Matt raised his eyebrows and faked being mad.

"Exactly." She laughed.