Chapter 16 - Teamwork makes the dream work

Sam 

It is Tuesday after the party and Sam is sitting in English class...the only class he has together with Grizz. Sam always sits in the front that he can easily read the teachers' lips and make sure that he understands everything, whilst Grizz is sitting with his annoying jock friends in the back, usually not paying attention and bullying the teacher because she literally has no assertiveness. 

It was one of these days where the jocks drove the teacher totally crazy- and surprise. Grizz ended up sitting next to Sam in the front. And if this weren't enough the teacher also teamed them up for an assignment. 

Sam was done for today. He can't prepare a presentation about Romeo and Juliet with GRIZZ?! And how should he tell David about this?...should he tell David about it? I mean...it's just a school assignment right? RIGHT?! 

After the bell rang Sam basically sprinted out of the room that Grizz has no chance to talk to him. Even if it's just about the project. Sam can't be anywhere near him right now...

It was evening when Sam felt his phone vibrating in the back pocket of his jeans. 

Grizz 

Hey Sam. When do you wanna meet for our project? 

Sam 

We could just split it up and prepare our own parts?

Grizz 

Don't be silly. I know you don't wanna see me but we have to. Tomorrow at 5 at my place. 

Sam 

At the library! 

One thing was for sure: Sam is definitely not going to Grizz's for that project! Nah-ah! Not going to happen! 

It's Wednesday, 5:16. Sam is sitting in the library, working on Romeo and Juliet when a wet haired Grizz walks closer - he must have had football practice before. Sam looks up for a second before he goes on reading, not paying too much attention to the jock. Grizz sits down in front of Sam and kicks his leg softly under the table to get Sam's attention. The ginger looks up with an irritable expression on his face. 

"What?!" Sam grunts. 

"Don't be so pissed...I can't change it either but now we have to work together okay? I need good grades as much as you do..." Grizz mumbles.

"Yeah, so you better start reading..." Sam answers and applies himself back to Shakespeare's masterpiece. 

Grizz sights and kicks Sam again, now accidentally a little heavier. 

"Ouch!" Sam screams "What is your problem?!" 

"Sam I am sorry I didn't mean to...-" Grizz responds panic-struck but got interrupted by the librarian who immediately kicked the two of them out for disturbance of the peace. 

"Great. Thanks for nothing!" Sam snorts and stuffs his book in his backpack when the two boys were standing in front of the library. 

"Sam I really am sorry...I didn't mean to kick you that hard...just wanted your attention..." Grizz says and takes a step closer. 

"I know you wanted that we keep our distance. And I totally get it...but now we have to do this project. And I think we still are a pretty good team to be honest...so why don't we go and blow off some steam and start working on our project afterward?" 

"Blow off some steam?" Sam repeats Grizz's words and lifts up an eyebrow. 

"Yeah!" Grizz has to chuckle a little after realizing how extremely wrong that must have sounded. "Lynn kind of showed me a method. Come on." 

"I should tackle you to the ground?!" Sam says in disbelief whilst the two boys are standing in the middle of the football field. 

"Yeah! I mean you're obviously pissed at me, probably for beating up your boyfriend. And I totally get that. So go for it!" the jock answers and takes off his jacket. 

Sam snorts a little. Yeah right...mad at Grizz for beating up his boyfriend. As if! 

"I am not mad at you for beating up my boyfriend! I am mad at you for...for.." 

Sam stammers and clenches his fists. 

"I am mad at you for flirting with me at the trip, I am mad at you for kissing me, I am mad at you for being so cute and perfect all the time, I am mad at you for making me fall in love with you, I am mad at you for breaking my heart and I am fucking mad at you that after all that I still can't get you out of my head!" Sam screams at him, runs and tackles Grizz down. 

Grizz was pretty sure Sam was too weak to do so and was more than surprised when his body hit the ground with Sam on top of him. Due to his unpreparedness, it hurt a little but the pain got numbed by the impact Sam's words had on Grizz. The jock looks in Sam's eyes, who is still lying on top of him. Not moving. Grizz notices a tear running down the other boy's cheek but he still couldn't move. A weird feeling was spreading in his body... 

Sam quickly jumps up and wipes away the tear before turning around and running away.