Chapter 14 - The party

Grizz

Grizz was extremely nervous when he entered the Eliots house. Is Sam going to be there? Will he be there with his new boyfriend or whatever?

"Chill...everything will be alright!" Lynn says and drags Grizz inside. The jock instantly looks around if he spots Sam somewhere around - or worse: Sam and his new boyfriend!

Grizz's eyes scan the crowds but he couldn't spot the ginger.

The party was in full swing and even sad Grizz was dancing with Lynn a little when he noticed two guys walking down the stairs. He stops moving instantly when his eyes meet Sams and Grizz slowly looks at the guy next to Sam who is holding Sams hand - a tall guy, brown, curly hair and actually very muscly...and very good looking...

The mysterious guy says something to Sam and Sam nods, still looking at Grizz.

Sam

"Is the mad looking guy over there your Ex-Fuck Buddy?" David asks. Sam nods and drags David quickly in the living room, away from Grizz! Well...that was weird...

Why is it so weird seeing Grizz?! Why does it...hurt?

Grizz

Lynn pulls Grizz's shirt to get his attention "Hey Grizz...it's alright. Maybe wait for a little and then go over and ask him if you can talk and simply apologize."

Grizz nods and goes to the kitchen to get another drink...and maaaaaaaaayyyyybe to watch Sam and his new boy toy in the living room.

Urgh...Sam could do so much better?! This guy is such a lame standard gay dude...all muscly and pretty with his hair and his fancy clothes! Looking like a fucking Hollister model pah! Pathetic...

It took Grizz actually two more drinks before he finally has the guts to talk to Sam. He walks towards the two guys through the crowded living room and taps Sam on the shoulder. He turns around and Grizz smiles a bit insecure before saying AND signing (some would say he only signs to show off his skills in front of Sam's new conquest)

"Hey Sam, can we talk?"

Sam bites his lip for a second and shakes his head "Not now Grizz...maybe later okay?"

The jock feels a weird feeling in his chest...like someone stabbed in his heart and the pain is slowly spreading. "Please...it's really important..." Grizz says quietly.

"He clearly doesn't want to talk to you so fuck off!" the boy next to Sam starts talking and takes a step closer. Grizz raises an eyebrow. The pain in Grizz's body transformed into something else just by looking at this guys face.

Grizz clenches his hands and answers snippy "Ah yeah? And you're what? His Nanny?! I think Sam can talk for himself." The guy takes another step closer and Sam quickly grabs his shirt to pull him back "David stop!". Sam couldn't really read David's lips but he could tell by his body language that he is not exactly in a good mood right now.

Grizz chuckles a little "Yeah David. Stop. I just want to talk to Sam so stop being a dick alright?" Grizz looks at Sam "Sam your new boytoy is an asshole. You can do so much better than him!"

Sam shakes his head in disbelief and not a second later Grizz feels something hitting his face. Blood started running out of his nose and suddenly all the people around stared at the 3 boys, the jocks cheering. Grizz has to gather himself for a moment before he lunges and punches David too. And again.

"STOP IT, YOU IDIOTS!" Sam shouts and quickly jumps between the guys. Grizz looks at Sam disappointed and slowly turns around, holding his hand underneath his bleeding nose and walks away.

Lynn grabs Grizz after all the people continued doing what they did before the fight and drags him in the bathroom upstairs "WHAT THE HELL was so hard to understand when I told you to APOLOGIZE?" Grizz sinks to the floor with an empty face. His shirt is full of blood and basically just looking like shit, leaning on the bathtub.

Lynn gives her friend some paper towels and sits down next to him. "He punched first..." Grizz mumbles "I was just defending myself!" Lynn sights "Dumbass..."

Sam

"I want you to leave." Sam says determined after dragging David in his room.

"What why?! He was fucking toxic!" David tries to defend himself but Sam only crosses his arms in front of his chest unimpressed.

"You punched him in the face?! I had everything under control!" the smaller boy says angrily.

"Yeah, but he offended me!"

"Just leave David. I can't stand to see you here any longer today!"

"Fine..." David bristles with anger and quickly leaves the room.

Sam sights and leaves the room too. Obviously, nobody could be this perfect. Everyone has a dark side. And apparently, David gets a little jealous and aggressive after 2 beers.

He walks down the stairs when Lynn appeared next to him. "Do you have ice or something?" she asks. Sam nods, walks down with her to the fridge and gets a package of frozen peas. "Can I...can I talk to him?" Sam asks quietly. The girl nods "He's in the bathroom upstairs..."

Sam slowly opens the door and sees Grizz leaning against the bathtub, bloody paper towels everywhere around him and...crying? Grizz was crying?

Sam walks closer and holds the bag of frozen peas in front of the jocks' face. "You kind of deserved it...but I am sorry anyways...". Grizz looks up and takes the bag "Thank you..." he mumbles and wipes away his tears. His whole face is pulsating and his nose already turning kind of blueish.

Sam is not so sure what to say but sits down in front of Grizz. "I...I just wanted to apologize...for...when you told me...you know...because I really am sorry Sam! I was just so overstrained..."

The ginger gulps. Why does Grizz have to remind him of his love declaration again?! He tried so hard to forget...

"Apology accepted..." Sam sights a little and carefully wipes away the blood underneath the jock's nose with yet another paper towel. "But never, ever hit or tease my boyfriend ever again!" Grizz moans in pain and wants to take away Sam's hand which is still dabbing softly under the jocks nose. But when their hands touch Grizz completely freezes and just stares in Sams eyes.

Sam looks at Grizz for a moment but jumps up quickly. "I think it's better if we keep our distance for a while..." he says before leaving the bathroom.