Chapter 3 - Affection

Grizz
The next day started quite early since some people decided to start a fucking techno party outside. „I'm gonna kill them..." Grizz mumbles and slowly opens his eyes. But what he saw made him wide awake.
Sam was standing there, just wearing Clavins and is about to get dresses.
Grizz holds his breath for a moment Stop putting on these pants this instant?!

Sam
After getting dresses, Sam turns around and looks into Grizz's eyes who are still starring at him. Sam just smiles a little confused. Okay what the fuck. Is he starring at me? Has he been starring at me the whole time?!
„Good Morning...the others are outside...". Sam says and quickly fixes his hair. Grizz raised his eye brows before stammering „Y...Yeah o..okay yeah thank you!". Sam has to grin a little. Grizz, Grizz, Grizz...are you seriously getting nervous over some dude in Calvin's?. „See you!" Sam says smiling and leaves the cabin.
Becca is already waiting for him outside. „We need to talk!" Sam signs smiling at her. „Okay what is going on? Why so happy?" Becca looks a bit confused when Sam takes her a few meters away. „Okay.." Sam starts talking „Remember yesterday when I decided to take a walk? Well I sat on a footbridge at the lake. And someone tapped on my shoulder. I got frightened and fell in the water...BUT it was Grizz and he told me to take off my wet shirt and he gave me his football jacket?! Can you believe that my biggest dream since...middle school just came true?!" Becca has to laugh a little „Okay Sam I think you need to calm down! I mean we're talking about Grizz! He was yesterday flirting with Lynn...and he was with Carla only a few months ago!". Sam quickly takes her hands that she stops signing. „Girl I am not finished!" he grins „I was just getting dressed in the cabin and when I turned around I saw that Grizz woke up and he was watching me. When I said something his cheeks turned red and he stammered. I think I just discovered another queen at WHHS!" Sam was smiling excitedly all over his face while waiting for Beccas reaction. His best friends sights a little "Sam please don't get toooo involved to this. I actually don't think that Grizz Visser is gay...and even if he is I don't think that he will come out of the closet soon...so...better forget about him...I don't want you to end up hurt.".

Beccas words made Sams smile disappear. Sam really hoped for a little more...excitement and support from her...but hey maybe he is overreacting. Even though his gaydar is usually pretty accurate!
Guess I'll have to figure out on my own then...

The day in camp was literally just party, party and more party. This trip was like a fucking festival! But Sam preferred laying in a hammock all day and reading Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle. Suddenly Sams sees a face looking in the Hammock which frightened him for a second. He saw Grizzs lips forming a „Sorry" and Sam sits up laughing. „Do you enjoy frightening me?" Sam looks for a moment at his loverboy. His hair is braided with flowers in it and his cheeks were full of glitter powder. Apparently the girls gave him a cute festival look. He also wears a simple shirt combined with a pair of short sport pants. And dang. He's looking fucking good!
„I'm sorry!" Grizz says „Just wanted to say that I really like your taste in books! Arthur Conan Doyle is basically one of my favourites!" Sam smiles. „You read?". The jock chuckles softly „Believe it or not: Yes I can read!". „Really?!" Sam asks grinning „Cute look by the way." Grizz has to laugh „Yeah did that just for you!". Okay Grizzy I know you're probably sliiightly drunk but...YOU CANT TELL ME THAT YOURE NOT GAY OR AT LEAST BI OR WHATEVER?!
„Do you..." Grizz bites his lip for a second before he goes on „wanna go for a swim later?". Now it was Sams turn turning red. „I'd love to...but I am not really comfortable swimming in some lake. It's actually kind of weird without hearing what's around you...but...what about a little boat trip? There is this little island at the middle of the lake.".Grizzs smile got bigger. Okay it's a date! Meet you at 9 at the footbridge? I swear I'll be trying not to frighten you this time!" Sam agrees laughing and Grizz walks away happily. Okay WHAT THE FUCK?! DID HE JUST SAY 'ITS A DATE'?!