Chapter 13 - Best friends

Grizz

"Hey, dingus!" Grizz turned around when he heard someone screaming behind him and not a second later a football hit his stomach. "Ouch..." he groans and sees Lynn walking towards him over the football field. The jock had decided to throw a few balls and run a little since football basically became his life the last weeks. The big game is only 2 weeks away and he HAS to get that scholarship!

"What are you doing here?" Grizz asks grumpily. "Well," Lynn answers "Since you refuse to talk to me and basically started living on the football field I thought why not work out together a little. Blow off some steam."

Grizz raises an eyebrow "You? Want to work out? With me?". Lynn grins a little "How hard can it be to tackle a guy like you to the ground?" Lynn jumps against Grizz and...nothing happens.

Now even the grumpy jock has to grin a little even though he really wanted to stay serious.

Even though Lynn does a lot of sports she had no chance to keep up with Grizz and basically collapsed after 2 hours of running around, throwing balls, getting tackled to the ground and trying to tackle Grizz to the ground.

Grizz sits down next to her in the grass and grins a little. "You're alright?" he looks at Lynn who is lying on the field, heavily breathing, her legs and arms stretched out, basically looking like a starfish. "DYING!" was her short response and Grizz handed over his water to her. It took 5 minutes until she finally sits up a little.

Grizz bends his legs and looks at her "Sam ended our friends with benefits thingy..." he says quietly and looks to the floor.

"I know..." Lynn answers "I was at your house and your mom told me that she is worried and that Sam hasn't been around lately...but why didn't you tell me?"

Grizz shrugs his shoulders "I don't know...I was hurt...and I want to fully concentrate on my scholarship now...". Lynn moves closer and puts an arm around Grizz. "Grizzy...please never be such a dummie again and talk to me when something is bothering you! Because I am definitely not going to work out with you EVER again!" The jock chuckles a little but a tear started running down his cheek just a second later.

"He is already dating someone else...saw it in his Instagram Story..." Grizz wipes away the tear but another one is already rolling down. Lynn wraps her other arm around Grizz too and leans her head on his shoulder comforting him "Why did he even stop that fuckbuddy thingy?"

The jock sights a little "Apparently he wants a boyfriend who is out. He doesn't want to sneak around anymore...and he wanted more than just...being friends with benefits." Lynn widely opens her eyes "So he wanted to be with you?!"

"Yeah...no...since I am not out and I can't come out right now which he by the way knows. But I think he kind of told me that he is in love with me...but I was so overstrained that I was a little mean when he told me..."

Lynn facepalms herself and puts her hands on Grizz's cheeks afterwards. "Grizz. What are you?"

"Oh c'mon! Seriously?!" the jock has to chuckle "I am maybe...just a little bit... an idiot sandwich..."

"Yes, you are! You need to talk to Sam if he really means something to you...maybe you two can work things out." Grizz lifts an eyebrow "He has someone else, remember?".

"Urgh.." Lynn moans. "You guys are so complicated! Maybe just start with an apology. Tomorrow there is a party at his house. It's Campbells birthday. Come with me and talk to him!"

"I don't know Lynn..." Grizz pulls out a few blades of grass "I don't really think he wants to talk to me." Lynn rolls her eyes "He just told you that he loves you. I think he does actually. Just be nice and understanding." Grizz nods and agrees. "Okay...yeah you won..."

The two sat on the field for a little longer before they've decided to go home. Lynn can barely walk after this workout and Grizz has to help her to get up and teased her a little. When they were walking side by side she jumps at Grizz one last time, trying to tackle him down. The jock stumbles a few meters and has to laugh. "You're the worst football player ever!" he says, gabs Lynn and throws her over his shoulder, carrying her to his car. "I have loads of other qualities!" she screams laughing.

Change of Plans - GrizzamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara