Chapter 12 - Same same but different

Sam

"Oh my god, Becca the second date was even better than the first one!" Sam is lying on his bed, facetiming with his best friend after his second Date with David a few days after the first one. "We were at the Zoo and had Pizza after! And he is just so so so cute! We were holding hands all the time and I think I really, really like him...and just being out in public...is so...nice..."

"Awww you're blushing!" Becca signs "I am so happy for you, Sam! You really deserve this!"

Grizz

"Oh my god Grizz what is wrong with you? Why are you not talking to me? You've basically ignored me the last week. I am worried okay?" Lynn is standing in Grizz's room, her arms crossed in front of her chest and obviously a little angry.

Grizz sights and rolls his eyes "Lynn I am just very busy with football and stuff I really need that scholarship! So I would appreciate it if you just leave me alone..." Lynn raises her eyebrows "Are you serious? Grizz I just care about you. So stop being a dick and start talking to me!"

"Can you just leave?! I don't wanna talk, nothing is wrong. Goodbye." Grizz jumps up from his bed and opens the door for Lynn. Lynn's jaw drops and she has to gather herself for a moment "O..okay. Just...write me when you're not an asshole anymore kay?" and she leaves the room. When she goes down the stairs she hears Grizz slamming the door. What is wrong with him?

Sam

When Sam leaves the house he could already see David's red car. A big smile grew on his face when he got in. "Hey, Sam! Ready for our third date?" Sam nods excitedly "Yes! Especially since you refused to tell me what we're going to do!" The quarterback chuckles softly "Well what about a romantic trip to Walmart to get some groceries and afterwards I am going to cook a nice meal at my place." Sam smiles a little "I'd love that! I've always dreamed of having a date in a Walmart one day!" he grins a little. "Shut up!" the jock chuckles and puts one of his hands on Sam's thigh while driving.

"You guys have an indoor pool?" Sam's eyes grow bigger at the end of the little house tour David just gave him. "We can take a swim in it later if you like." David smiles a little "But first: Dinner! I hope you're hungry!"

"Starving." Sam smiles. The pool reminds him of his dates with Grizz back in camp...and it still hurts. But Sam also really wants to forget about him. David deserves Sams full attention.

The two enjoy their food and cuddle up on the sofa afterwards for a while. Sam slowly rolls on top of David and smiles "So...what about a little swim?". The jock wraps his arms around Sam's torso and chuckles softly "I'd love that..."

Sam leaves the bathroom in one of David's swim trunks. It was a little too big but he looks really cute in it. He walks over tot he pool where Davis is already waiting for him. David was muscly. Very muscly. Even more than Grizz! Sam internally facepalms himself after thinking about him again and quickly walks over to David to give him a little kiss on the cheek. "Let's get wet!" Sam grins a little and shoves David in the water. "Whoopsie. Looks like gravity is still working huh?" Sam grins devilish and the jock has to laugh "You better get in here this instant" David says and runs his fingers through his wet hair.

"Ah, you know...I'm a little hydrophobic!" Sam giggles and sits down on the edge of the pool, his legs already in the water. "Don't get cocky!" David grins and is standing now in between Sam's legs, grabbing his thighs and pulling him quickly into the water. Sam has to laugh and slowly crosses his fingers in David's neck. David lays his hands on Sam's sides and smiles a little insecure before slowly leaning towards Sam's face. Sam stretches his neck a little and quickly closes his eyes before he feels David's soft lips on his own. They quickly found a pleasant rhythm and Sam slowly strokes down with one hand, resting it on David's heart. He could feel how fast it is beating this gave Sam a goosebump all over his body.

After a while David slowly ended their kiss and smiles at Sam, his cheeks blushed and his heart still racing. "I was wondering..." he begins to whisper "...if you might wanna become my boyfriend...". Sam's eyes started shining, even more than before. He nods for a second before he whispers "You have to ask?"

The ginger quickly crashes his lips on Davids again and now starts straddling his hip. It was very beautiful...yet so familiar...