chapter 3

Aaron yawned, shifting in bed. Warmth surrounded him. It was unfamiliar, yet comfortable. He snuggled closer to the warmth, which was a person. Their arms were wrapped protectively around him. It made him feel safe. 

"Heh, cute" they breathed, breath against Aaron's forehead. Aaron hummed, blearily opening his eyes. He was met with the soft smile of Aphmau's face. So yesterday wasn't a dream. "Good morning beautiful" 

If Aaron was more awake, he would've been very flushed. "Mm, morning....." He mumbled, staring into his big brown eyes. "Warm.."

"Heh," Aphmau chuckled, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I love you" 

"Love you too" he closed his eyes, enjoying the gentle hold his boyfriend had on him. Heh, boyfriend. He'd have to get used to that. 

Fingers lightly combed through his hair, lightly scratching his scalp. "Hey" Aaron opened his eyes once more to look at aphmau. "Do you want me to make breakfast?" 

Aaron nodded, sitting up. He suddenly felt cold without Aphmau's arms around him, and he did his best to shake the feeling. "I'm going to take a shower" he said, yawning. Aph pressed a gentle kiss to his temple before getting up and exited the room.

With a huff, Aaron got up as well, grabbing his towel. 'He's so warm... God I wish I could lay there with him forever and cuddle.' He thought, turning the water on. It was a strange feeling and he didn't know how to feel. Happy? It didn't matter. Aaron sighed as the water hit his skin. He couldn think about those things later.

______

Aaron threw on a tee-shirt and shorts, the sound of people talking and the smell of food filling the air. Who could be over at this time of morning? He walked down the stairs, surprised to find his family and Aphmau's family loitering around. Melissa, Sylvanna, and Rachel were sitting in the kitchen watching Aphmau cook. Derek and Eric sat in the dining room, chatting about something. 

Melissa noticed him first, grinning widely. "Morning Aaron! We heard about the news and wanted to drop by." she said loudly, jumping down from the counter. As she got closer to Aaron, her eyes seemed to light up. "Hey! what's that I see" she giggled mischievously, pointing to his neck. The bite! How could he have forgotten the hickey!

He blushed, looking away. Sylvanna gasped dramatically, putting a hand to her chest while Rachel smiled. Aphmau turned away from the stove to look at him, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, " was all he said upon realizing what the commotion was about.

"Seriously!" he groaned, covering the mark with his hands. Aphmau shrugged half-heartedly.

"Sorry love, but I'm cooking so there's not much I can do" he held up a spatula as if to prove his point. Aaron flushed even more at that stupid pet name. Melissa giggled, muttering love under her breath.

"Aphmau!" Sylvanna punched his shoulder playfully, "I can't believe my baby is already doing stuff" now it was Aphmau's turned to blush, quickly turning back to the pan.

"We didn't do much, so please don't" he mumbled. Aaron shifted back, getting ready to run back to their room. "We all saw it so there's no point in changing" well fuck. He sent a bitter look to his sister who was still grinning at him.

"Saw what?" Derek asked, leaning over the counter. Aaron quickly noped out of the situation, darting back upstairs.

"NOTHING DAD!" he screamed, throwing himself into his room. Why? Why did Aphmau have to bite him? And in such a noticeable place of all places! It wasn't like it was bad... It was just embarrassing to deal with his overbearing family.