Chapter 28

"Shoto, I really need to talk with you," My father, Enji Todoroki said. 

--

I grit my teeth. No doubt he wanted to talk to me, after the note we left off on. I honestly didn't have the mental capacity to deal with him. 

Why did he follow me home!? 

"Uh...I'll... I'll make some tea!" Inko exclaimed, rushing out of the room. I hesitantly took a seat across from my dad, my head swimming with what he was going to say. Nothing good probably. 

Enji leaned forward, his head falling into his hands. He rubbed at his eyes tiredly. 

"Shoto... I'm...." He trailed off. The words seemed clogged in his throat. 

He didn't get any pity from me however. He shouldn't be the one nervous to start a conversation all this time later. 

"After you left that day.... the press almost ate me alive..." He laughed awkwardly. A low growl escaped my throat. 

"You deserve to be eaten alive by more than just a couple camera men," I snapped. He didn't look up from his hands, and I could feel shame rolling off of him. 

"Probably..." He muttered. "I'm.... I'm so sorry.... For that day... I've regretted it every single day since..." 

My eye brows arched as I glared at him. I nearly let out a snort of laughter. 

"You've regretted it!? You only regretted it because of what the press said! You only regretted it because it almost destroyed your company!" I shouted. 

His shoulders sagged further. 

"It did, but that's not what I'm sorry for..." 

Rage built up in me. I stood up from my seat, a whole speech already memorized. This man didn't deserve any pity. 

"Rei... she..." I could hear small sobs as his whole body shook. Anger only burned brighter in me. 

"Your sorry for your wife!? The one you drove into insanity!? The one you killed!?" 

Tears welled in my eyes as the words came pouring out. Accusing him of everything he'd done, everything. Down to the first scar he gave me. Down to the time I watched Touya disappear. Down to the time that my siblings tried so hard to protect me, only to be riddled with more scars than they knew what to do with. 

Tears streamed down my face as a mixture of fear, pain, anger and sadness welled in me. 

For him only showing up when Izuku was in this state. For him wanting pity. 

I ground my teeth together, stopping myself from shouting more and more. I wouldn't stop at this rate. 

A short laugh erupted from Enji's form, disappearing as soon as it came on. 

"You know, I'm in a hard position to... I needed a wife... Why not one that could unite powerful companies?" He laughed again. "And she wasn't terribly ugly either. I had to. And we needed kids, who else would take the company? You were my masterpiece. The only one born with both companies signatures. The eyes. The hair. All until she had to ruin the image with that scar..." 

His voice was full of bitterness, and I barely kept myself from collapsing. I knew he was bad, but this bad? 

"I tried going to your other siblings for pity.... I couldn't even get in touch with Touya..." I felt more than just rage at this point. More than just hatred. "I guess I don't deserve it huh? Although you were the one to want to go on your own path..." He suddenly looked up, his eyes wide. 

"You were the one that ruined my company! I'm bankrupted now! Did you know that!?"

My eyes widened. He seemed to be having some sort of break down, and I knew he was going to blow up at any minute. I set my face straight, trying to keep my voice steady and calm, despite my fear. I couldn't help the fear I still felt when he yelled. 

"Get out of this house now, or I'm calling the cops." I commanded. He only stood up, taking  a step forward. 

"You wouldn't call the cops on your father would you!? I knew you were a disgrace of a son!" 

Before I could even think of what was going on, his fist collided with my face. I felt my body fall to the floor as pain exploded through me. Everything hurt, but I barely felt any of it. All I felt was fear, and panic. I wanted to scream and run from him. I wanted to curl up into a ball, so I might get hurt less when he took his rage out on me. 

It was almost funny. Twenty two years of age, and I still was just a little kid. A disgrace. No good. 

"Get out now!" I heard Inko shout. "The cops will be here in less than twenty minutes, and if your not gone before then you'll be behind bars!" 

I curled up, squeezing my eyes shut. 

He wouldn't leave. He would worm his way out of the cops. He would attack Inko as soon as he was done with me. 

I felt my breathing go rocky. My throat felt like it was closing, and my heart beat faster and faster. Tears streamed down my face. All I could feel was fear. 

Why why why why why why why!? 

I heard loud thumps, and the door opening and closing. 

He left? Why? 

I heard a soft sigh and a smaller thump. I managed to peak out of my arms to see Inko leaning against the wall on the floor, breathing heavily. 

"Shoto dear, are you okay?" She asked kindly. I flinched slightly at her endearing tone. I had heard this tone before, and it always came before harsh words and fists. 

"I... Did you call the cops?" 

"No... I heard a thud, and you whimpering, so I just ran out here and said the first thing that popped into my head." 

I breathed a sigh of relief. I wouldn't have to deal with the police. I didn't really have the ability to. 

"But, more importantly, we need to get you a cup of warm hot cocoa and a blanket," She said, smiling slightly. 

I gave her a lopsided smile. 

"Thank you so much Inko." 

----

OOF. DOUBLE OOF. 

ER MER GERSH. 

I have not updated in... a while!! I don't know how long it's been, but I assure you it's not cause I'm flaky. 

Okay it's totally cause I'm flaky, but it's also cause I've had a ton of stuff going on. namely stuff leading me to places without any internet connection. Like to the point where I can't access Wattpad. 

Any way, you probably don't want to hear my rant, how did you enjoy the chapter? I couldn't remember what I thought up to resolve this, so I just winged it. Still turned out okayish, right?????

Now I've done this a few times, but here we go again: 

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. 

I HAVE GOTTEN INCREDIBLE SUPPORT ON THIS AND I LOVE YOU ALL. 

THIS FANFICTION HAD BLOWN UP. 

IT'S SO POPULAR THANKS TO YOU GUYS. 

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, JUST READING IT OR ADDING IT TO YOUR READING LIST MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. 

YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO VOTE OR COMMENT. 

IT JUST MEANS IT LOOKS INTERESTING ENOUGH. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Now that I got that out of my system, votes and comments are appreciated, and have a nice day!