LXVII

Hollis's pov

It's been two weeks since I found out Harry killed my adoptive parents. These past few weeks have been perfect weirdly enough. In a way it has brought us closer to each other. It showed us truly what we would miss if we lost the other. The idea was enough for us to work out our conflicts.

One night I asked Harry if they suffered. He pulled me so close to him. Peppered kisses on my as he slowly and clearly spoke.

"I've done things like it before. Getting an assignment to take out people. It was what I did for work before I started the company. I thought it was just another assignment. So per usual I spent time following them around. Learning their schedule in a way. I knew they had a daughter but I never really saw you. Or was close enough to feel what we have. Since I first laid eyes on them I felt weird about the whole thing. I tried my hardest to just get it over with. Soon I found myself procrastinating the whole thing. It was when I was told it had to happen by the end of the day one day. I made sure to do it quick. It was quick and painless." He told me.

I found comforting what he told me. Even if it was a lie, it made me feel better. I don't think about it to much. At times when I do I stop myself and just just repeat what he said. Quick and painless.

I haven't seen Dani since everything happened. Guilt fills me every time she pops into my thoughts. She's going throw a hard time and doesn't have anyone there for her. I was that person being there for her. I've been so wrapped up I haven't even tried to call her on the phone. I hope she's not worrying about me. I'll go over and see her tomorrow. I would today but Harry is almost off and he wanted to do something tonight. Is it bad that I'm pushing seeing her back for Harry?

"Hollis." Harry calls out as he enters the apartment. Already I feel my mood begin to get all giddy. I rush out of the bedroom and make my way down the stairs. On the last step I do a little jump off. My body crashes into his. I feel him take a slight sort back to steady himself. He gently moves my hair out of my face to take a better look at me. The look he has on his face makes my heart swell. His dimples are on full show. His beautiful eyes shine a little brighter when we looks at me. His hair has gotten a little longer making his curls more prominent. My eyes dart to his pink lips as his tongue darts out and runs over them.

"How was work?" I ask him.

"The same as very day baby." Harry slowly speaks.

"How boring." I sigh.

"It's all just routine by now." His gaze is still intensely on me.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I ask him eagerly.

"I'm taking you to a super fancy restaurant." He bites his lip as he checks me out head to toe. "You have to wear a dress."

"Is Harry Styles excited to see me in a dress again?" I tease him.

"Very." He lightly growls and leans in to attack my neck. I instantly try to hid my neck from him. We both are laughing at the whole situation.

"Harry if you don't stop I'm going to kick you." I joke with him. I don't think I have it in me to hurt him physically, joke or not. Nevertheless it gets him to stop.

"How rude." He smiles at me. I just shake my head at him. "Anyways we should start to eat ready. The reservations are at 8."

I decide to put on a maroon silky dress. It has a loosing flowing look but lays perfectly to show my figure. There is a slit on the side of the dress, it stops right at the top of my thigh. With I have a darker shade of maroon heels to go with. My hair is in loose waves and pinned back on one side.