LIX

Hollis's pov

"Oh." Dani stands up and walks over to the kitchen. She picks up a few envelopes from the counter top. "Mail came for you."

Dani places the sleek white envelopes in my hand. The paper is crisp as I begin to shuffle them. Nothing important catches my eye. This reminds me I need to change my address for all of my important things. I frown at how careless and forgetful I've been. Standing up I go to the kitchen. Rummaging through the junk drawer I find a little notepad and a pen. Neatly I scribble down Harry's address.

"I'm leaving the new address here for you." I lift the pad of paper to show her. "If more mail come just sent it to this address please."

"Okay." She gives me a small smile.

...

Every hair on my body instantly stands. A feeling of chills run through me. I feel my temperature rising to an almost unbearable heat. Sweat pricks my forehead to try to cool me. A knot is formed in my stomach. The type of knot you get when you've just been yelled or gotten in serious trouble when you were younger. Along with the know comes a wave of nausea hitting me like a ton of bricks. My free hand lands on the bed as I steady myself. I feel my heart beat quicken. It pounds in my ears making it hard for me to hear for a second because it's all I can focus on. Closing my eyes I breath in through my nose and out through my mouth. As a desperate attempt to calm my heart and my nerves. My mouth is dry as my tongue darts out to try and moisten my now dry lips. The harsh breathing making them going right back to dry. I tighten my hand around the phone. Adjusting my grip as it gets tighter and tighter. I open my mouth to finally speak.

"What did you say?" I make my voice sound stronger than I feel.

"You heard me the first time." The woman's voice repeats. It's a voice I don't recall ever hearing. Delicately soft with a sharpness, laced in authority. A wicked laugh leaves her. "Your Harry isn't as innocent as you think."

"Mind fucking explaining?" I snap at the unknown person. My outburst just causes the woman to laugh even more.

"Look in his office desk." With that being said she hangs up the phone.

I slam the phone down. Anger taking over I bring the phone up again and continue to slam it. Each time I do a cracking sound is heard. The noise and actions take me back to when Harry's went on that rampage in the apartment. A slight pain is felt in my back as I remember the night. I shake my head on head downstairs. My steps are heavy as I make my way to Harry's office.

"He's lying to you. Keeping secrets from you."

The voice replays in my head. It's all I can think about and hear. My heart won't stop pounding against my chest. I shouldn't be jumping to believe he's actually lying to me about something should I? Yet inside me there is something telling me to make sure. Perhaps I'll just not bring it up until I know the truth. Yeah that sounds good to me. Now I just have to try to act as normal as possible. How hard could that be.

...

"Are you okay?" Harry asks me worried. "Is something wrong?"

Fuck apparently it's harder then I thought to act normal. Harry has only been home for about an hour and he's already suspicious. I guess it's easy to tell something is wrong with me with how distant I'm being.

"I'm fine just stressed for Dani." I try to lie.

I can't fully tell if he believed it. Knowing him he probably sees right through it. No, I know he does. I can see it behind his beautiful green eyes. The looking of knowing me better than I know myself. My heart breaks a little thinking he could be hiding something from me. What hurts more is the fact I can't say for sure if I know the truth in the words that where said to me. I've thought I knew him more than myself like he is with me. Sadly I've been mistaken.