VI

For it being a Friday at work it's pretty slow. Usually on Friday demons come for last minute suits for events they have on the weekend.  I change a few of the suits on some mannequins to the more popular or recent styles. When I get to one mannequin I am instantly reminded of Harry. This was the one he threw in his episode. Every time I think of him my body craves his touch. I don't crave him I just crave that flow of electricity. I've never felt anything like it. If I could find a substitute that doesn't come from a demon I would take it in a heartbeat. 

After a while of my thoughts I snap out of it. I walk back up to the front of the store. I notice Kait at the register talking to someone. She has a look of annoyance on her face. When I get close enough I realize It's Harry. The feeling inside me makes it obvious before I even see his face. He's wearing a simple outfit of a black t-shirt and black pants. His feet have a pair of black boots on. His body stiffens and he stands up straight. I continue to walk over to the counter. He slowly turns his head so we are making eye contact. His stare is intimidating and strong. 

"What happened to you?" He asks me. I completely forgot about the accident. I reach my hand up and try to cover my eye and cuts. 

"Oh uh nothing." I take a step back but he grabs my wrist to stop me. Pain shoots in my wrist and I hiss in response. 

"It doesn't seem like nothing." His touch is now gentle. The pain is replaced by electricity and warmth. "Can we talk?"

I nod my head and carefully take my wrist out of his grip. I go behind the register and grab my purse. I quickly tell Kait I'm going on lunch. Harry and I walk silently down the street. We don't say anything besides where to eat. The silence Isn't awkward but comfortable. Just being in his presence makes me feel better. Hell It's probably not him but the feeling.

We enter the restaurant and are shown to a table in the back. The restaurant is pretty fancy I don't think I've ever been in a place this nice. Harry holds out my chair for me and I thank him. The waiter asks our drinks and walks away to get them. 

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" I sigh but nod to his question. 

"I was attacked the other night." I stare down afraid to make eye contact. I didn't want him to know but I can't lie to him. 

"What happened?" His accent is getting harsh. 

"I accidentally was out before curfew and a possessor got to me." I start to fiddle with my napkin on the table and continue to try not to look at him. 

"So what? He beat you up, is that it?" 

"No he took advantage of me." I close my eyes and feel a tear slip. 

Harry places his hand on mine that's on the napkin. I look up at him and his face shows a mix of anger and sadness. I can see anger slowly starting to shine threw more. I start to get nervous because I don't want his to have an episode. He starts to breath heavier. I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. 

"Harry It's okay." I sigh. "Look at me, focus on the feeling my touch is giving."

Soon his breath is stable again. I keep our hands together just basking in the feeling. He doesn't make a move to let go either. 

"Thank you..." He trails off. "What is your name?" 

"Hollis." 

We end up talking the whole time. It's mainly just random talk but It's really nice. I want to ask his questions about demons but don't want to cross the line. I'll wait till we are closer. Closer? Are we even going to keep seeing each other? I can't ask him because I don't want to face the fact that he wants something different. What do I even want?

Harry ends up paying for the meal and we head back to the store. The walk this time isn't quiet. 

"Okay so let me get this straight." I pause trying to piece together what I want to say. " You are the CEO of a company that makes software?"

I'm not surprised because every demon has a high up powerful job.  

"What kind of software is it?" I ask. 

"Well all types." I look at his see him taking his index finger and running it over his lips. "The best way I can explain it is people come to me with a software they want, and I create it for them."

I nod at his response I never heard of that. It sound very interesting to be honest. I like learning about a demons life. Well maybe just Harry's life I feel like any other demon would be a scary road. Actually I'm very surprised that hes not a completely terrible person. I wonder if he just acts this way around me or if it's his actual demeanor. Every demon I've meet has been mean spirited. Again I want to ask Harry questions but I don't want to overstep and accidentally trigger his anger. I think that's my main fear.  

"Harry can I be honest with you?"

"Of course Hollis." 

"You are nothing like I thought you would of been." 

"What do you mean by that?" His brows furrow as he looks at me waiting for a response. 

"Not to be mean but I thought since you were a demon you were going to be a jerk." I sigh as I finish, I nervously start to bit the inside of my cheek. 

"I understand where you're coming from, and there's reasons why I'm like that." He starts to scratch the back of his neck. His action give me the impression that he shouldn't of said that but he did anyway. 

"What are these reasons?" My curiosity starts to grow as I think of endless possibility's.  

"I can't say anymore." He clears his throat. "I don't want you to end up in danger for knowing things you shouldn't."

I nod understanding his reasoning. We  stop in front of the store and I couldn't help but wish we still had a while of walking. Both of us stop in front of the door . I turn so I'm standing in front of him. He pushes his hair back with his hand. A shine of light draws my attention, I realize it's his rings. I find them attractive on him. I really want to touch him and feel the electricity but I can't in public. 

"Well Harry I guess this is goodbye." I sigh knowing I don't want him to leave. I want to stay near him so I didn't have to let this feeling go.

"Actually I want to ask you something." His voice is deep with his accent showing threw incredibly. 

"Yes?" My heart beat quickens as I wait for him to ask me his question. 

"I have a charity event tomorrow and was wondering if you would like to be my plus one."

"But I'm a human... Wouldn't that be frowned upon?" I'm surprised he asked. 

"There's ways to work around it, so will you?" He shifts his weight on his feet. 

"I don't have a fancy dress to wear" I let my thought run out. 

"I will take care of everything." His voice slowly getting sharper. 

"I don't know Harry."

"How about you think about it and I'll come by when you get off  to get an answer." He brings his hang up and touches my arm and the electricity shoots in my arm. With the simple touch I'm pretty sure I already made up my mind. "What time do you get off?"

I look at my watch and realize it's one pm. "Six."

"Till then Hollis." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you don't know this but I've changed Hollis's name quit a few times. First it was Brianna then Hollie Now it's Hollis. I still don't know if I like it. So please leave suggestions of names. I would prefer it to start with a H... For the aesthetic... Don't question anything... Thank You For Reading!!!!  

Xxx Jess