Chapter Six - Past

Start from the beginning

"My sweet Victoria, of course, you're special that's why I show you my real face every now and then." He said giving me a wink.

"If you did I never noticed."

"Well, you haven't look harder."

"I don't want just one of your faces, Ty, I want to look at all of them," I said, my fingers curling and uncurling over the button of my blouse. "I want to know all of you."

"If you looked at them all, Victoria, I'm afraid you would run away from me."

"I wouldn't."

He grinned, "We'll see."

Was that a challenge?

"Where are you going now?" He asked as we stepped out of the school building and into the lawn.

"Home, where else?"

The sun was setting in bright colors of orange and yellow, the sky looked like a beautiful painting waiting to happen. Chatter was filled in the air, busses rolling out of the campus, car doors slamming shut, and the distant sound of the basketball court.

"I'm heading the same way so why don't you ditch the ride with Archer and come with me?" Tyler asked, but it wasn't really a question more like a command.

"And where will you take me?" I asked.

"I'm taking you home."

"It depends on whose home we're talking about. Yours or mine?"

He laughed, "I'll drive you to your home."

"Okay."

He opened the passenger side of his Blue Corvette for me to sit in and then walked around to the driver's side and slid behind the wheel. He pressed the ignition and the engine roared to life. When the car backed out of the parking lot, heads turned in our direction, a dozen of envious looks, and Tyler enjoyed every second of it. He liked being the center of attention. Sometimes he drove his father's Lamborghini to school and had to ward off a lot of kids later because everyone blocked the area to take pictures. He got so tired of the car getting so much attention that he swore off from driving it here. I'd been the lucky few to actually get a ride in it, and honestly, it was one of my best experiences.

I quickly texted Archer that Tyler was dropping me home in case he wasted time in the parking lot looking for me. I turned on the radio and the car was filled with a Green Day song. We started singing to Boulevard of Broken Dreams and then we were singing our favorite 80′s song, Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley.

Tyler knew the entire song lyrics so when he started to imitate the famous dance moves while driving, I completely lost it. He was so good at it that it was literally hilarious. When we stopped at a red light someone from the side lane whistled.

We're no strangers to love...

You know rules and so do I...

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy...

When he sang the lyrics with his gaze trailed on me, it just made me wonder if he was trying to give me some signal, but I had to quickly abandon that thought because it was possible that Tyler was being Tyler. After a few songs, I turned the radio on low volume since we couldn't hear anything over our own chatter.

All this time, Tyler hadn't mentioned what Archer had joked about in the cafeteria during lunch break so it was safe to assume that Tyler was going to ignore the subject altogether.