Chapter two

Omkara was glad that they got over with the wedding, or the fake wedding as it transpired. 

Finally, Tia and her motives were exposed to the family. Turned out that she was being used by her mother, Mrs. Kapoor, for some mistaken revenge. Tia ratted her mother out; all she wanted was to live peacefully with her husband, Robin, and their unborn child. 

Shivaay and Annika forgave her for her misdeeds, but sent Mrs. Kapoor to prison. Omkara could never understand Shivaay's compromise with lies and deceit. He knew Annika bhaabhi forgave Tia because she was an empathetic and kind woman, and maybe because she understood Tia's love for Robin, and let them go. 

Love. His brother was in love, though he wouldn't admit it openly. 

Omkara smiled at the thought. 

Well, at least he admitted openly to the world that Annika bhaabhi was his wife. At least, that issue was sorted between them. Now they won't pretend that Tia was Shivaay's wife, as they had been for three months. 

Although the family had accepted Annika; Shivaay first out of spite, and then because of the complications that arose due to Tia's pregnancy, dithered from announcing the truth to the world.

Omkara was no one to speak in their private, yet public matters, but he didn't approve of this. He had once tried to talk to Shivaay about it, but the latter felt that much as he likes Annika, he can't see her as the mother of his children.

Pretty insulting thing to say about someone who was in fact his wife, but Omkara didn't expose Shivaay to Annika bhaabhi. Not because he wanted to protect his brother, but because he wanted to protect Annika bhaabhi from pain and humiliation. 

He hope his brother sort out his issues fully. He really liked his sister-in-law and believed she was good for him. 

Well, at least Shivaay had found the path to love, even if he was stumbling on it. 

What about him? 

He was condemned to live his life with the woman of his father's choice, whether he liked it or not. 

Luckily for him, his father had been unable in the last few weeks to find a matrimonial alliance for him. It seemed his reputation preceded him. 

*****************************************************

Tej frowned as he glanced over at the files before him. 

He was growing old. Even though he was in his fifties, he worried about what would happen to his sons after him. Shivaay might try to assure him all he could that he loves and cares for his brothers more than anything, but Tej was no fool.

He had seen that look in Shivaay's eyes today, when they finally got rid of Tia. 

He loved his wife, Annika.

Now that didn't make much difference to Tej, but knowing Pinky, he knew whether she likes Annika or not, she will accept her for Shivaay's sake, and soon start persuading them to have a child.

Tej's own children were behind Shivaay, even though he was the elder son, because Jahnvi had troubles conceiving. That caused the probably, the first crack in their relationship.

But he didn't want Omkara to be behind. His elder son hadn't proved much of an asset in business deals. But Tej wasn't going to back down. If not Om, then his heir would have to lead the future generation of Oberoi empires.

But a bigger worry for Tej wasn't who won the race for heir, but what would happen to Om after he and Jahnvi passed away, as was the rule of life.