Prologue

He was standing outside his mother's bedroom. They had set up all the equipments here. For some reason, his family preferred to set up their own hospital in the mansion, instead of taking the family member to the hospital. Perks of being rich, he guessed. The only time in recent years when they went directly to the hospital, was when Shivaay was shot through the heart just a few weeks back.

Omkara shivered slightly when he thought back to that fateful night. First, his brother, and now his mother. In completely unrelated circumstances, but nonetheless, it seemed like his fate was testing him. And he failed at least one test. 

He looked at his mother. Her breathing was normal, she seemed to be recovering slowly, according to the doctors. But she would still remain unconscious for the next twenty-four hours.

Ordinarily, an attempt to suicide case is immediately reported to the police, but since they were the Oberois, one of the most influential business families in the country, this incident would be suppressed easily. Another perk of being rich, thought Omkara, bitterly. 

Suicide. His mother had been about to commit suicide. Why? Because his father threatened to divorce her. He even signed the papers. He didn't care what happened to Jahnvi afterwards. 

Omkara had raged at his father just a few hours back. 

But what was he going to do now? 

His father was an incorrigible monster. He wasn't going to change. As soon as his mother wakes up, he might throw the divorce papers at her again. The doctor had urged the family, that Jahnvi had to avoid stress. Her mental condition was too unstable. She might not be able to handle any more shocks, and try to end her life again....

No, Omkara couldn't allow that to happen. He would have to face his demon of a father again. He can't let his mother relapse into suicidal thoughts. He had to do something.

Even if that something meant signing away his life to the devil....