#chap38 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Start from the beginning

She continued excitedly, “Chalo… let me work out what all I am planning to do.. so that I can buy stuff accordingly when I come.” He nodded, “Ok… let me know. However, I would suggest you to come on Friday and get done with your shopping so that you can be with me for the weekend.”

She was about to disconnect when she said, “Atharva… was really missing you…” His voice softened, “Me too… in more ways than one.” He knew she would retort instantly and she didn’t disappoint him. “God! You know? You didn’t come across like this initially.” He murmured, “Hmmm… I am considered to be the dark horse of the family.” She said in a wary tone, “Don’t scare me! I can never hide even if I want to.” He chuckled, “Good then… perfect balance ho jaayega.”

Shruti pondered, “Will I have to sleep over on Saturday night or come back?” He said huskily, “Do you think I will let you go back?” She grinned, but then uncertainty crept in her voice. “Atharva… I won’t be able to sleep alone.” He teased, “Shruti… just what are you trying to tell me? Though I don’t mind.” She took a minute to understand the implication of what she said and jabbered, “Atharva! I am not coming! Cya,” and disconnected. He laughed heartily and messaged, “You sure you are not coming?” She replied, “Yup.” He decided to tease her and texted, “Shru… ye dil maange more,” and waited for her to reply. Shruti advised, “Go and have a cold shower Atharva Shah… will help you cool down.” He literally took up her suggestion and did just that.

Shruti discussed with her mom and reluctantly mentioned that she wanted to visit Mumbai to purchase the fabrics. Her mom knew there was more to it and smiled when Shruti told about Atharva’s suggestion of staying over for the weekend. She said, “I know it’s been long since the two of you met. I could see of late that you were quite restless, but he was quite busy with his work and I wouldn’t have wanted him to deviate himself from that.” She beamed, “Thanks mumma!” Jyotiji questioned, “Has he informed his parents about it?” Shruti shrugged, “Atharva will tackle all that. I will remind him about it though.” She discussed at length about the concepts going in her head, discussing about stuff in detail with her mom. She was determined to get a clear picture by Thursday, so that she can plan out her purchases accordingly.

The following days both Shruti and Atharva were caught in their work. Shruti was frequently visiting the artisan at their workshop to see samples that were being made according to her specifications. Atharva got restless once when she didn’t receive his calls or respond to his messages. The mobile had been lying in her handbag and it went unheard. She had been engrossed in getting a particular look correct and didn’t realise. After almost an hour when she was about to leave, she checked her mobile to see that there were a couple of missed calls and messages from Atharva as well as her mom.

She called him up to hear him roar in a fit of fury. “What the hell Shruti?! Please be responsible. Have been trying to reach you since the last hour. Where were you?” She was taken aback to hear him speak in that kind of a language or tone, and fumbled, “S..Sorry Atharva… the mobile was lying in my purse and I was involved in the work and didn’t hear.” He shouted, “Do you have any idea how helpless I felt? A hundred thoughts ran through my mind in this one hour.” She knew he would have been really worried but tried to defend herself, “Even you miss my calls when you are in the factory. Toh.. do I react like this.” He could barely control himself, “Oh come on Shruti! You very well know it’s different.” She retorted, “I can take care of myself Atharva, please.” He snapped back, “You are one naïve girl and trust people easily. Better be careful next time. Before I forget, better call your mom. She was equally worried.”

Shruti felt guilty of getting them all worked up and vowed to be more careful in the future. Eventually, it was Thursday night and Shruti was restless for the next day. She had  a nice long conversation with Atharva who was  uttering all nonsense, just to tease her and then got carried away. He said stuff which made her toes curl and she had to stop him. They kissed each other good night over the phone when he commented,”Thank God for small mercies… I am happy I will practically get to do what I have been doing over the phone since so many days.” She knew he was on that other track but couldn’t decipher and queried, “What?” He clarified, “kissing the phone is not satisfying at all. I am getting more than impatient to hold you and doing it properly.” She goaded him, “Oh! I thought you had adjusted well with our long distance relationship.” He challenged her, “is that so? Let me show you when we meet.” They had been waiting to meet since a week now and both had become equally anxious, although Atharva voiced it out more. She didn’t know how to respond and said, “Good night Atharva,” and couldn’t resist adding, “Dream of me.” He dreamily said, “You bet.” The lovebirds spent a sleepless night and couldn’t wait for the next day.

To be continued...

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER: All content posted is original work of the author and no part of the content can be copied, reproduced or posted in parts or whole on any other social media platforms, websites, publications or published in form of a hard copy without the prior consent of the Author.

©2019. Sagas_by_Irvika. All rights reserved.