TWENTY EIGHT

[ 4/5 ]
TWENTY EIGHTH CHAPTER
2018

"and find the place where every single thing you see tells you to stay

"and find the place where every single thing you see tells you to stay."

//

"we can be friends."

that's what Jungkook said to her.

Sahar is more frustrated now. seriously? why is he so good? why can't he get mad at her? why can't he say the damn words? friends? really?

Sahar decides to avoid Jungkook for the rest of the night. she needs to be able to set her mission straight. this particular life is taking too long. how is she going to get him to say it?

the crowds start to disperse as the club nears its closing time. it's obvious Hoseok wants everyone to leave- he's ushering people out with a beaming smile that makes it harder for everyone to leave. he's a charmer really.

Jungkook constantly surprises her and she's starting to delve deeper into its enjoyment. he links his arm with Sahar's as they both leave the fond club. "let me walk you home."

Sahar can't smile. their linked arms cling onto each other as they walk side by side down a street, who's name no one knows. "aren't you mad at me?" she questions, looking up at him. she notices how the orange street lamp reflects his features back to her- darkly cascaded as a sharp jawline, fair eyelashes and tattoos out of his collar show.

"for what?"

Sahar sighs. "for playing with you."

Jungkook stares ahead. he seems distant. "you weren't." he says.

"but i was." Sahar mentions- why are you so oblivious? you should learn about what you deserve. "are you regretting the fact that we met?"

say yes. please.

Jungkook tugs her closer. "now why would i think such a thing darling?"

the boy kisses her forehead softly.

//

the next evening, Sahar finds herself at the empty bakery. there's a few customers other than her and Jimin who are eating breakfast together. it's a nice, friendly space where they're talking and enjoying the silence.

the aroma of sweet, savoury delicious goods (made by Namjoon, sometimes Jin) and the familiarity of boys she knows, sits with her. she feels calm, despite the raging tempest in her mind at the thought of her mission.

Sahar munches on her toast. she looks in front of her, watching Jimin as he does the same. their eyes meet and he smiles. it's polite, pretty and welcoming. and when Sahar feels welcomed, she blurts out things. "what do you do when you feel something you don't want to?" she asks in a rushed way.

"you can't do anything." these things are meant to be out of your control. it's simply meant to happen- is that what he means? is it really true? "it happens and we can't stop it."

"that's not fair." Sahar sighs. "do we have any free will then?"

"could be argued that we don't..."

"what do you think Jimin?"

Jimin leans his head on his palm, eating his bite slowly. it seems to anyone that he thinks about these concepts way too often. he speaks so philosophically and knowledgeably.

"all i know is that i thought i had control but i don't think i do." Jimin runs his hands over his hair (tied into a bun, away from his face).

that's the last thing i have- Sahar thinks.

Sahar is about to ask for Jin and Namjoon's opinion too until a male presence surprises her. Jungkook arrives with a bashful smile.

he arrives into the bakery, hands tucked in the pockets of his long black coat. Jungkook's dressed elegantly today- polite, elegant manner of a coat, flannel scarf and pointed shoes made out of leather. he looks like a book character who got his hair dyed silver just for the heck of life.

i was just thinking about you!

Jungkook's smile sends butterflies into everyone's stomach- it's wide, addicting and his perfect teeth are showing. he looks so unbelievably happy after a night of him singing a song about her, her saying she's a lesbian and a wild alcohol surrounded club.

Sahar is happy to see him but what she wasn't expecting was ... Jungkook abruptly kissing her when he approached her. he smiles between the kiss and she's so surprised, her lips stay still until he moves away.

did he forget their friends thing? her lesbian confession?- Sahar stares at him with a racing heart.

"i'm so happy." Jungkook announces as he stays beside her.

"why?" Sahar beats everyone else to the question. what's going on?

"i realised you're the one." Jungkook claps his hands together. he's still smiling. "i'm happy with you and you make me feel so alive."

Sahar stops eating. Jimin is looking at her all wide eyed. "what?"

everyone's eyes on her makes her feel even more anxious. this is when she has to break his heart. this is it. he's stuck in an illusion. "Jungkook, i can't." her voice breaks sadly.

the beautiful boys face falls.

Jin and Namjoon watch from behind the empty counter. Jimin stays silent, looking away due to the personal intimacy of the situation.

"i feel like we don't have a future." Sahar's words continue to hurt.

"why can't you be with me?" Jungkook steps closer. he holds her on either side, his touch warm and delicate. "in the here and now?"

"Jungkook i-"

Jungkook then moves away abruptly. fine- he mumbles.

"i wish we never met!"

Sahar's smile is uncontrollable then. finally! and just as Jin and Namjoon are about to attack her for messing with their younger friend, everything goes dark within seconds.

//

epilogue next !!