TWENTY SEVEN

[ 4/5 ]
TWENTY SEVENTH CHAPTER
2018

"in this most chaotic world, her love stood as the one constant truth of my life

"in this most chaotic world, her love stood as the one constant truth of my life."

//

Jungkook didn't run after Sahar.

it hurt Sahar more than she wanted it to but it's what she deserved. him simply walking away with a peeved but solemn expression tortured her heart and head in a crazy way.

Sahar wanted to so badly run after the love of her life but she stopped herself. that's what she would've normally done. she'd always go after him. if the circumstances were different, things wouldn't be like this. it hurts that she has to hurt Jungkook.

and as Sahar has previously coped, she's back at the bar. she needs to meet Jungkook again, in order for him to say the cursed words.

"why so glum?" the bartender- Jin keeps her company. he leans forward on his arms, elbows resting on marble- sleeves of a black button up rolled up. "didn't you get lover boy?"

"i did but-" Sahar glances at Jungkook who's appeared on stage. the singer of mysterious beauty is singing another song. "now he's singing a freaking song about me..."

for you, I could pretend like I was happy when I was sad.
for you, I could pretend like I was strong when I was hurt.
I wish love was perfect as love itself.

sober Jin winces, eyes focusing on silver haired Jungkook dressed in suspenders, who holds the stand up microphone with ringed hands and intense emotions. oof- leaves the olders lips as he listens to the lyrics with the audience. "that's harsh." he declares.

"i deserve it i guess."

"do you want a croissant?" Sahar's eyes snap to Jin who's offering her a bakery good- it's his way of making her feel better. "Namjoon made it." he shrugs.

"thanks i guess." Sahar starts to eat it and it's crunch yet softness is delicious. thank god for baker Namjoon right?

Sahar sighs, eating her croissant with a woeful look. the fact that Jungkook hasn't said anything since the incident is replaying on her mind. all they've shared is awkward yet intense eye contact's and avoidance. the lyrics of deep meaning and his exquisite voice is all she can focus on. he just walked away- what else did she expect? him to argue with her, demand an answer from her?

even Yoongi shrugged it off and walked away.

a habitual presence that Sahar has slowly gotten used to approaches her. he sits beside her on a stool with a civil, welcoming smile on plump, shiny lips as he greets her.