PROLOGUE

[ 1/5 ]
PROLOGUE
2010

"i don't know what i'm more afraid of-to see you again or to never see you again

to see you again or to never see you again."

//

"come on man!
you're going to lose to a girl."

blonde haired Hoseok slaps Jungkook's broad back, not helping through friendly encouragement but through devious comparison and boyish intensity which makes the younger roll his eyes. his friend can be a pain.

Jungkook's bronze eyes narrow on his sweaty hand that's trapped in the clasp of a strong female. the girl is his fellow student, friend even, one he doesn't want to lose to. Hoseok, his best friend unintentionally gathers a big crowd around- full of buzzing, bored, ready to be entertained energy as their eyes focus on the arm wrestling match between a boy and a girl.

"not just any girl either ... you're going to lose to Sahar!" Taehyung, the females energetic and sociable best friend cheers. his encouragement of boxy smiles and soft pats on Sahar's back makes Jungkook envious. he's annoyed by how contrasting him and Hoseok are. the standards and rules of a loyal friendship are entirely different.

Sahar and Jungkook, sixteen year old students- both afraid to lose to each other in an arm wrestling competition. what else would you expect at lunch time in high school?

"a girl ... oh Jungkook." Hoseok crosses his arms, wincing at the strength that's building in Sahar's arms and determination in her olive eyes- he's afraid of his best friend's embarrassment.

Sahar snaps, glaring at Hoseok who's on one side of the table. "what's so wrong with that?" she asks, glancing at the other side of the table- grinning at Taehyung as she gets ready to slam her hand down, winning the arm wrestle.

"ignore him." Taehyung mutters, shooting Hoseok an innocent smile when he pretends to be offended. the schools kids crowd around them, cheering and watching with excited intensity.

Sahar watches her and Jungkook's skilful hands joined tightly. she loves how he's putting his most effort and strength into the arm wrestle, knowing he'll say he was being soft on her because she's a girl, when she wins.

"i'm going to make you wish you never met me Jeon." she smirks, ecstasy in her eyes as her hand slams his down mercilessly, winning the match.

//

thank you for all the support
you all mean so much!

i'm so excited for this work!
it's my proudest yet

take care and have a good day
lots of love from A