Chapter 7

"Is she alive?"

"Yes, just bearly. Do you know who did this?"

"Joker and his men swarmed the place. How he got a gun I have no idea. We'll need to check the security tapes."

Harleen lay still. She could hear voices and people checking her pulse yet she couldn't move. She was completely comatose. 'What just happened? Why can't I move? Think Harleen think! What's the last thing you remember. Painful shocks, pink, blue, green, purple, laughter...JOKER!'

Immediately she shot up straight. 'I need to find him'. She saw Dr. Leland, a few peramedics, and police men standing around the sickening scene. Dead bodies were found lying on the ground, blood everywhere. It was like a scene from a horror movie. She stood up quick, feeling woozy, she started to sway holding her head.

"Harleen you should sit," Leland puts her arm around her holding her up. 'I need to find him'

"No it's ok. I'm fine I just need to use the restroom. Please excuse me," she nodded standing up straight. 'Get it together.'

She made her way through the asylum passing dead bodies left and right. All of these dead bodies would normally freak her out but right now there was only one thing on her mind. Hell or high water she was going to find him. He belonged to her.

She ran outside thinking where he could possibly be. She looked over in the parking lot and it hit her. Purple Vaydor. She couldn't have been knocked out for too long after they left. She could still find him. She needed a car. Her keys were in her office, she wouldn't have enough time to go back.

"Bingo," she said pointing to the man on the Harley.

She approached him. "Sorry hon, I gotta borrow your bike," she shoved him off and sped off and his bike. She floored it down the street and hopped on the freeway. She was zooming past cars looking for his Vaydor. She had been driving for about 20 minutes about to give up hope until she saw him in the distance getting off the freeway, she sped as fast as she could catching up to him.

As she approached the side of his car she looked and saw him in the window. He looked over at her surprised yet annoyed to see her there. He sighed and put up his hand so that he couldn't see her. She screamed in frustration and sped up far in front of him. Adrenaline kicking in she hopped up on top of the bike as it slid slowing down. Once it stopped she stood up right in front of his speeding car.

Joker annoyingly rolls his eyes and slamming on the breaks, the car bearly stopping in front of her. "You," Joker smiles looking at her through his windshield.

"You're not leaving me! YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ME!" She slammed her hand on the hood.

"You, you, you, you little pain in the ass," he smirked as and stepped out of his car.

"I have done everything you said. Every test, every trial, every initiation. I have proved I love you just accept it," she cries.

"Got it, got it, got it, got..." He lifts his hands wanting her to shut up. "I...am not someone who is...loved." *claps* "I'm an idea! State of mind!" A truck stopped behind them honks. Joker walks around her. "I execute my will according to me plan and you...doctor...are not apart of my plan."

"Just let me in! I promise! Let me in, I promise I won't hurt you!" she begs putting her hands on his face.

He turns away from her laughing. "You promise. Promise?"

"HEY DICKFACE! Mind screaming at your bitch somewhere else?!" The angry trucker screamed getting out of his truck. Harleen grabbed the gun from the Jokers waist and aimed it at the trucker.

*Boom!*

"I was gonna say, "I wouldn't do that if I were you..." Don't hurt me! I'll be your friend!" Joker smiles holding up his hands in surrender as Harley holds the gun to his forehead. "Do it...do it, do it, do it, do it, do it," he whispers.

"My heart scares you and a gun doesn't?" She looks at him in disbelief.

"DO IT!!!!!" He shouts. He grabs the gun from her putting it to his temple. "HA HA!!! If you weren't so crazy, I'd think you were insane. Go. Away." He turns to leave.

"No," she stated. "I'm not leaving without you. You belong to me. Remember?"

He sighed. "Get in."