Chapter 1

I am in no way affiliated with DC or it's comics or the characters portrayed. This is simply for fun and putting my own twist to the original love tale. Hope you enjoy!💗💙💚

It was a dark and rainy day in the city of Arkham. The tall gray building looked bleak, which it should, as it held the most dangerous and psychotic criminals in all of Arkham.

Joan Leland was run short of yet another doctor. The criminal, more commonly known as the "Joker", has yet again returned to Arkham for what seems like the hundredth time. Each and everytime he comes back he is a assigned a doctor to help him. As if anyone could save someone like him. The man was completely deranged and everyone knew it. But protocol is every patient is assigned a doctor so Leland was trying yet again to find someone crazy enough to deal with someone even crazier.

She may have found someone perfect. A young woman by the name of Harleen Quinzel. The way she talked on the phone, she sounded confident and firm. Something they definitely need if they wanted to crack that nutcase.

"Ma'am, she's here", says one of guards in the asylum.

Dr. Leland nods and heads towards the entrance. Standing by the front desk was a young and beautiful woman with long blonde hair and bright ocean blue eyes. Leland greeted her with a smile.

"Dr. Quinzel, what a pleasure it is to meet you. Welcome to Arkham Asylum. Come, I will show you around." Leland shook her hand and led the way.

Harleen was looking around, trying to get used to how creepy this place looked. It was dark and cold, not that she could expect anything different. It's not like the place was going to have rainbows or clowns.

But she didn't mind. She was brave and eager to start working. She had always been interested in the way people work and why they do the things that they do. Most of these people are out of their minds. She wants to see exactly how one can lose themselves and their sanity.

"This will be your office. You will have only 1 patient for now, and he's the most dangerous and craziest one of all. If you are one hundred percent sure you want to continue to work here regardless of the risks, then sign this paper and here is your file", Leland hands Harleen a slips which she signs without hesitation quickly grabbing her file eager to see who had for a patient.

She smiled as she read through the file of the notorious clown Prince of crime. She had heard of the Joker and all of the crazy and messed up things he's done. If there is anyone on this planet who's most interesting, it's him. She needed to get inside of his mind. Figure why he does the things he does.

"When can I meet him?" Harleen asks quite calmy considering she felt excited and nervous.

"Your first meeting with him is tomorrow. For now just look over his file and read up on him. If have any questions feel free to ask, my office is right across the hall", Leland nods and closes the door behind her leaving Harleen to alone to read about and study this interesting individual.

There was not too much information about him actually. Of course tons of paperwork about all of the heinous crimes he's committed but nothing about his past. It doesn't even have his real name, just "Joker". She finishes reading up after a couple of hours and it's time for her to head home. On her drive, she thinks about him and what will happen when she actually meets him.

"Can't wait for tomorrow."