Chapter 35 - Upside Down

A month had passed. For Dani, the time had gone by way to slowly. Between going to school, revising and doodling, Dani had spent a lot of her free time hanging out with Travis either out and about or at the station with the others. It hadn't been easy for either one of them but after the first week, they had been given a court time meaning it had become a waiting game to find out how things were going to end.
Anxiously waiting as the days dragged by, it was Monday morning and the day of the hearing was finally upon them. Dani had come with Chris and they were now waiting outside the courthouse. Dani was leaning against the wall as Chris was on the phone to Mike. Travis walked over to her as he arrived.
"Hey." Dani said, happy to see him.
"How are you?" Travis asked, leaning against the wall
"Ready for this all to be over." Dani sighed.
"I just want to say, if this doesn't turn out the way we're hoping, that doesn't change what we have. I'll always be here for you, no matter what." Travis told the teen seriously.
"I know, thank you." Dani said, wrapping her arms tightly around him.
"We best get going." Chris said walking over to them. They nodded and all walked inside of the courthouse. Dani and Travis stopped and smiled. Everyone from Station 19, including Ryan, were all in the courtroom. They smiled at everyone as they went to the front. Dani went to sit next to Chris on one side as Travis sat next to Lianne on the other. It wasn't long before the hearing got underway. They interview Travis, Ryan, Chris and a few of the others from Station 19. Even Alex was there as he had known Dani since she was little and had been her doctor for a long time.
When the judge came in, everyone stood until they were told to be seated.
"Good morning. Today case is the adoptive placement of Danielle Flanagan, with Mr Montgomery." The judge started.
"First things first, we must hear for the chosen speakers regarding the case..."
"Are you okay?" Dani's case worked asked, seeing something was wrong.
"My heads spinning..." Dani whispered.
"Your honour, Miss Flanagan isn't feeling well, can we take a small break?" The case worker asked, standing up.
"Of course. Case held at 10:38am." The judge declared, before leaving.
"What's wrong kiddo?" Jack asked, coming over to the teen with Andy as Vic went to talk with Travis who was beginning to freak out a little.
"I feel funny..."
"Your pulse is a little fast. Have you been eating and drinking normally?" Andy asked, taking Dani's wrist. Dani shook her head.
"I haven't felt like it for the past few days. With everything that's going on...I was scared I guess." Dani told them honestly.
"Okay. Let's take you outside for some fresh air and we'll get you something to eat." Jack suggested. Dani agreed. Jack held Dani's arm as they walked outside just in case anything happened as Andy went to get something for Dani to eat and drink. Travis and Vic followed them out.
"I'm okay...really." Dani told him.
"You need to eat and drink these. That will make you feel better. Your caseworker has spoken to the judge and once you feel a bit better the case can continue." Andy told the teen. Dani smiled slightly as she took the bottle of juice and sandwich from Andy.

20 minutes later, after eating the sandwich and drinking most of the juice, everyone went back inside as Dani was feeling a lot better.
"Miss Flanagan are you up to finish this today?" The judge asked was her returned to his panel.
"Yes your honour. I'm feeling better." Dani replied with a sweet smile.
"Okay then, back to where we were. To start this process off we must here from a variety of people linked to the case. I'd like to start with Mr Montgomery himself." The judge declared. Travis got up and walked over to the little box area.
"Mr Montgomery, I'm going to keep this simple. Why do you want to adopt Dani?" The judge asked. Travis smiled as he glanced at Dani.
"Well, that simple. She's an amazing person who's had a rough life. Ever since I met her I felt a connection to her. She's had a lot of ups and a lot of downs but I've seen her grow so much as a person. She a beautiful young woman who has soo much potential in life. I want to give her a home and I want to be her family." Travis explained seriously, as he glanced between the teen and the judge. The judge smiled slightly but didn't let it show much as he nodded his head.
"Okay, thanks you. I just have a few more questions..."

As the day went on, people like Mike, Chris, Alex, Andy, Vic and some of the others from the fire station and hospital spoke regarding their opinions on the placement. By mid-afternoon, having taken a hour long lunch break, it seemed like things were finally drawing to an end. Dani had had a chance to speak and having taken some time in her chambers, the judge came back out and gathered everyone's attention.
"With everything I have seen and heard today I have made a decision..."

—————————————————
Hey guys! Hope you liked it! This is the end of the book BUT, go check out its Sequel – The Circle of Life. The first chapter for the sequel will be up soon! I've turned the books into a series (Shine Bright Like a Diamond), so there's potential in the future for more books! Anyway, thanks for reading!

Please, please, please go check out the Circle of Life!

 The first chapter for the sequel will be up soon! I've turned the books into a series (Shine Bright Like a Diamond), so there's potential in the future for more books! Anyway, thanks for reading! Please, please, please go check out the Circle of ...