Chapter 14 - Locked In

It had been a few weeks since Dani had been released from the hospital. After a few check-ups with Dr Hunt and Alex, Dani had been given the all clear physically, but mentally, was a different story. Although she was feeling much better, she was still seeing a councillor 2 times a week. In the first days says that she was back home, Dani had been on lockdown. She wasn't allowed to go out and when she did she had to be with an adult. The good thing is as each day passed, Dani was granted more and more freedom. She was allowed out by herself for runs etc but depending on where she was going and what she was doing decided whether or not she needed to be accompanied or not. It was Friday today and if all went well Dani in her latest session, Dani would only have to go to her councillor once every 2 weeks to see how she got on. It was just after 3pm when Dani walked out from her session with her councillor Reid. Dani had just left the building when her phone rang from inside her pocket. Chris' name flashed across the screen.
"Hey"
"Hi – how did it go?" Chris asked the teen as she walked down the street.
"Good...great in fact. I now only have to see Reid once every 2 weeks and just see how I get on" Dani explained, as she checked before she crossed the road.
"That great!" Chris said happily, making Dani smile slightly as she was finally happy to have people who actually cared about her.
"Well, I'm out right now. Just went up to pick up a few things...want me to pick you up?" Chris asked the teen.
"No...I'm good walking. Helps clear my head" Dani explained, trying to multi-task and un-tangle her headphones that she had pulled out of her pocket.
"Okay, well I'll see you later." Chris said.
"Yeah – Travis asked me to stop by the station for some reason so I'm not sure how long I'll be. I'll text you once I know" Dani stated.
"Okay"
"Bye" Chris said.
"Bye" Dani replied before she hung up and put in her headphones. Hitting play on her music Dani started the short walk to Station 19.

15 minutes later, as she walked up the driveway, Dani was relieved when she saw the trucks sat inside meaning Travis was defiantly in. She walked into reception and saw Travis sat on the front desk.
"Yo" She joked, leaning against the desk.
"Hi" Travis said, shaking his head smiling.
"Why am I here?" Dani asked curiously.
"Because I wanted to see how things went today" Travis explained, knowing that Dani had her counselling session.
"Oh – it went great. I only have to go once every 2 weeks now and just see how I get on" Dani explain, sitting down on the bottom step of the stairs.
"That's good..." Travis agreed. Dani smiled slightly. Before either one of them could say anything else the intercom went off.
Aid Car 19 – unconscious female at Westmead park.
"Sorry...I've got to go. If I don't see you before have a good Christmas" Travis said as Andy came down the stairs.
"You too" Dani smiled, giving Travis a hug before he rushed off. It was now a few days away from Christmas meaning school had broken up. Dani picked up her bag and started making her way back home.

It didn't take her long to get and home and when she did, Dani barely made it through the door before Jesse, Amy and Tess – 3 of the youngest in the house – came running up to Dani.
"Can you draw with us?" They asked eagerly, knowing that Dani was good at Art.
"Sure...let me just go put my stuff away first okay?" She told them. They nodded and ran back to the table in the kitchen as Dani made her way back up to her room.
"They caught you then?" Liam said, making Dani jump.
"Sorry" He laughed.
"Its okay...and yeah. I don't mind though, I love drawing" Dani explained, as she placed her bag on her bed and then grabbed a few bits. Dani slipped into her slippers before she made her way downstairs to join the others. They were all sat at the table with arts and crafts sprawled out across the table. Dani smiled and sat down with Liam who had decided to join them. Over the past few weeks Dani and Liam had been spending a lot of time together. Liam had helped out a lot over the last few weeks as he was a year older than Dani and Mike had let him go out with Dani when she needed "supervision". Dani didn't mind, because they were similar in age, and they had a lot in common, they actually got on really well. Whilst Dani was into the Art and singing, Liam was into filming (media). However, they both shared and interest in running. After her time in hospital, Dani had gradually built herself back up to her normal run times and if she didn't go for a run with either Ryan or Travis, she went with Liam. She liked spending time with Liam as she always felt safe and at ease with him. Like none of her problems mattered. He saw her for her and not her problems. As the day went on, Dani, Liam and the others sat doing arts ands crafts. At around 3pm, they all packed up as it was getting near dinner time. As the youngsters went off to play, Dani and Liam decided to go for a run.

(What Dani wore ⬆️⬆️⬆️)

(What Liam wore ⬆️⬆️⬆️)

After getting changed, Dani met Liam out front where they usually stretched and warmed up. After a few minutes they set off. Like always, they ran their normal route to the park, around the park and back. As they arrived at the top of their street, an idea flashed in Dani's mind.
"Race ya!" She called, sprinting ahead of Liam. Liam chuckled and sprinted after her, but it was no luck. Dani had beaten him back.
"Haha! I beat you!" Dani laughed, as they both cooled off and caught their breaths.
"Yeah, yeah. Only because you got a head start! I'll get you next time" Liam joked, as they stretched again. Dani smiled.
"Come on...we better get washed and changed before dinner" Liam said a few minutes later. Dani agreed, and they walked inside. After both grabbing a drink, they went separate ways to get washed up before dinner. For Dani, it had been a good day.
—————————————————

Tada! Hope you enjoyed!
The next chapter is the christmas chapter! Hope you enjoy! x
Dharma xoxo