Chapter 24 - I'm Sorry

"What happened? Where is he?!" Dani shouted, running into the hospital with Ryan close on her tail. She ran over to the trauma room where she could see them working on him
"Oh my god...no" Dani gasped, raising her hand over her mouth in shock. Her eyes widened at what she saw.
"He's not coming back from this...everyone in agreement?" Owen asked the team of doctors and nurses around him. Everyone nodded.
"Time of death, 14:08" Owen declared, as he stopped compressions and removed his gloves.
"No...no, please...this can't be happening!" Dani cried, fighting against Ryan.
"I'm sorry...I'm so, so sorry" Ryan repeated, as he held the teen and tried to comfort her. Dani shook her head and completely lost it. This couldn't be happening. Her knees went weak and she would have collapsed to the floor if Ryan had been there to support her. He knelt on the floor and held the teen tightly in his arms and she completely broke down in tears.
"Please..." She kept crying, wishing everything would go back to normal.

An hour later, Ryan and Dani were sat in the waiting room. Dani hadn't spoken since they had found out. She sat staring blankly at the wall. Everything felt like it was closing in. She was brought back to reality when a clutter of footsteps could be heard running down the corridor.
"What got here as soon as we could...how is he?" Andy exclaimed, as the whole station 19 gang finally arrived at the hospital as they had finally gotten the fire carnage under control. Everyone started to sense that something was off by the state Ryan and Dani were in. Dani stood up.
"He's gone...Travis is gone" She said shakily, fighting back the tears.
"What...no..." Andy said in disbelief.
"He died an hour ago...we couldn't tell you as you were still saving people" Ryan added. Everyone was in shock. Dani shook her head and ran off down the corridor. She needed this to stop. Everything was too much. Why was this happening? Why does this always-

Ladder 19. Single car collision. *******

Dani jolted awake. Her breathing was fast. It was a dream...it was all just a dream. She was still at the firehouse and none of it had happened. Dani was so relieved...accept now she knew how he must have felt. How Travis and this others must have felt when she nearly took it all away. Dani grabbed her crutches and stood up from the sofa in the break room. She carefully walked – well hopped out of the room and went to the kitchen where she heard someone moving about. It was Travis.
"Hey, you're awake" He said, seeing the teen in the corner of his eye. Dani hopped over to him and gave him a tight hug.
"Hey you okay?" He asked, hugging her back.
"I'm sorry" She told him.
"What for?" Travis asked, holding her at arms lengths. Dani hesitated and took a seat at the counter. Travis sat down next to her.
"I had a nightmare...something happened. You died...but it's okay. You're okay and that's fine but...I'm sorry for being stupid and nearly ending it all. I kind of realise now what it would have been like...what all of you must have felt like" Dani explained. Travis looked at the teen shocked.
"It's okay...you were in pain...and you know now what you have to do when you feel like that. We'll all here for you...you know that" Travis told the teen. Dani smiled and nodded her head.
"Love you" She told him, leaning into his chest.
"I love you too kiddo" Travis said, kissing the top of her head as he wrapped his arm over her shoulders.
"Thank you for coming into my life and always being here" Dani said seriously.
"Always kiddo. Always" Travis said proudly. For Dani, this was a new view on life and for Travis...well this only made him more determined about the plan in his head.

—————————————————

Hey guys! What did you think? X This chapter is a short one as I didn't know how to expand it anymore. Hope you like it!
Dharma xox