Chapter 33 - Here We Go

A few weeks had passed. Dani had been seen at the hospital by Link for her ankle and had been given the all clear as it was healing nicely. She had been out of her walking boot for a few weeks and was now slowly starting up running again, whilst following a strict physiotherapy routine. It was the first week in June and for Dani, that meant it was her birthday week. Her birthday was June 7th, meaning she was now 17.
"Morning." Dani greeted, as Liam attempted to sneak into her room. He froze.
"Yeah...I'm already awake." Dani joked, siting up against the headboard.
"Happy birthday!" Liam said happily as he carefully carried the tray over to her that had pancakes on.
"Ooo...." Dani's eye lit up as he placed the tray on her lap.
"Yummy?" Liam teased as Dani stuffed half a pancake in her mouth at once. She nodded with a massive grin.
"I can't believe I have to work today..." Liam groaned.
"It's fine, honestly. I'm going for a run with Ryan this morning and then Travis and the others are taking me to dinner tonight apparently." Dani reassured him.
"Okay...I have a surprise for you. I'll give it to you tonight after you get back." Liam told her.
"Okay..."
"I best get going. Have fun today. Mind you ankle." He said walking over to the door.
"I will." Dani called after him through a mouthful of pancake. She heard him laugh as he left. Carefully, she reached for her phone and turned on youtube as she finished eating her pancakes.

Around 30 minutes later, she started to get changed into her gym gear, ready to go for a run with Ryan. Right as she finished washing up her plate, there was a knock at the door. She went and let Ryan in.
"Happy birthday!" He said happily, holding out a gift bag for her.
"You didn't have to get me anything..." She told him.
"Just open it!" Ryan encouraged, as she still hadn't taken the bag. Dani smiled and placed the bag on the counter before she opened the card. She laughed when she read what he had wrote.
'Happy Birthday Trouble Maker'
She rolled her eyes as she went on to grab the present out of the bag. There were 2 things inside, both wrapped individually. She started opening the first one. It was a metal quote board that read;
'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but about learning to dance in the rain!'

 It was a metal quote board that read;'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but about learning to dance in the rain!'

She smiled.
"Yeah, I saw it and instantly thought of you. The next one I think you'll like more though." Ryan told her as he leant against the counter opposite her. Dani quizzingly raised an eyebrow and started opening the other present. When she opened it, there were 3 t-shirts. She laughed as she looked at all of them.

 She laughed as she looked at all of them