Chapter 19 - Late Night Anticts

It was just passed 1am when Ryan jolted awake as his phone started blaring next to him. Groggily, he reached for it and answered it without checking who it was.
"Hello?" He sleepily asked.
"I'm in trouble..." Dani cried, causing Ryan to jolt up in bed, suddenly now more awake.
"Wait, wait. Slow down! What's wrong?" Ryan asked concerned.
"I was at a friend's party...it got a little out of hand. I think my drink was spiked...I don't feel good" Dani sluggishly admitted.
"Where are you?" Ryan asked, as he jumped out of bed and started chucking on some clothes. Dani gave him the address of the house.
"Okay...can you get somewhere safe?" Ryan asked. By now he was dressed and preparing to call for back-up and leave.
"The bathroom" Dani slurred.
"Okay...I'm on my way okay? Stay on the phone" Ryan encouraged, as he used his home phone to call 9-1-1. After giving them the address and explanation of the incident, Ryan got them to send both the police and an ambulance.
"You still there?" Ryan asked the teen, as he got into his car and started speeding to the address that Dani had given him. He made sure to grab his badge before he left.
"Yeah..." Dani replied shakily.
"Good, stay with me okay?" Ryan encouraged, as he focused on driving. He kept speaking to Dani as he drove. After a few questions, she stopped responding.
"Dani?" Ryan asked concerned.
"Come on Dani...stay with me" Ryan shouted into the phone in hopes that she could still hear him. 2 minutes later he was pulling up at the house.
"Police...everybody out!" Ryan shouted, holding out his badge.
"Where's the bathroom?" He shouted.
"Upstairs to the left" Some boy replied. Ryan heard sirens pull up, so he focused on Dani and ran up the stairs.
"Dani?!" He shouted, knocking loudly on the locked bathroom door. Deciding not to wait, Ryan braced himself and kicked in the bathroom door. He found Dani slumped against the bath.
"Dani?" He asked, kneeling down next to her and checking her pulse.
"Paramedics!" People shouted from downstairs as the police had arrived and shut down the party meaning the music had been turned off and everyone had been kicked out.
"Up here!" Ryan shouted, as moved Dani's head upright to keep her airway open. A few seconds later, 2 paramedics arrived.
"I think her drink was spiked. Her pulse if really fast" Ryan said, explaining everything he knew.
"Okay, we've got her" One of the paramedics told Ryan as he took over supporting Dani's head and airway. Ryan stepped back to give them space to work. They layyed Dani down and placed her on oxygen before they placed and IV and started running fluids.
"Oh my god. Dani?! Is she going to be okay?" Georgie asked, once she had realised what was happening. Ryan pulled her outside the room.
"Hey...hey, it's okay. She thinks her drink was spiked...do you know what happened?" Ryan asked the teen, trying to calm her down.
"Oh my god...I think I know who did it" Georgie responded shocked.
"Some kid...I think his name is Jake. Gave Dani a coke. That's all she was drinking. That's the only drink she didn't get herself" Georgie explained through tears.
"Okay – hey Denzil. Take-" Ryan started to tell a near-by officer.
"Georgie"
"Take Georgie down to the station and get a statement from her about what happened here. She may know who spiked this girl's drink." Ryan told his colleague. Georgie hesitated.
"Write down your number. I'll call you once I know anything" Ryan reassured the teen, handing her his phone. Georgie wiped her eyes and typed her name and number into his notes before she left with Officer Denzil. Ryan returned to the bathroom where the paramedics were treating Dani. After doing the basic checks they prepared to transport Dani to the hospital. Ryan offered to carry the teen down to the aid car to speed things up. 5 minutes later they had loaded Dani into the back of the aid car and were preparing to leave. Ryan decided to leave his car there and go with the teen, who knew closely, to the hospital. He sighed as he looked down at Dani as they drove to the hospital. This girl had been through a lot and with recent events in the last few months, he really hoped that she would be okay.

15 minutes later they were pulling up in the ambulance bay at Grey Sloan Memorial. It was just after 2am when they arrived.
"16-year-old female. Suspected spiking of a drink at a friends party. From what I can work out her GCS went from a 13/14 to a 11 in 10 minutes and has remained at 11 in our presence. Her BP is high at 140 over 90. SAT's are 96 on 10 litres of O2 and her pulse is racing at 145." The paramedics handed over. To Ryan's surprise, to Owen Hunt – who had previously treated Dani – was working the night shift.
"What happened?" He asked Ryan, as the moved Dani over to their bed.
"She called me in a panic saying her drink had been spiked and she didn't feel well. I tried to keep her talking as I drove there, but she went quiet. When I found her she was like this" Ryan explained.
"Okay, we've got her now. I need you to wait outside for me" Owen asked politely. Ryan nodded and left. He took it upon himself to call someone. As he only had one number, Ryan walked into the corridor and dialled Chris' number. Once it connected, Ryan explained what had happened and Chris assured him that he would be there soon. Ryan went back standing outside of the trauma room where they were stabilising Dani.

After what felt like hours but was probably only around 20 minutes, Owen walked out of the room to speak to Ryan.
"She's critical right now but stable. We slowed her heart rate and brought down her blood pressure. As we don't know what drug she was spiked with, we're running a blood panel. We rushed that through but until that comes back we're just going to monitor her closely as we don't really know what might happened." Owen explained.
"But she's going to be okay?" Ryan queried.
"Yes. We'll monitor her closely, but there shouldn't be any lasting damage. It's just a case of letting the drug pass from her system" Owen added.
"Good...I've called one of her social workers. He's on his way in" Ryan told Owen.
"Okay. I'll be back to check on her but you can sit with her until we move her up to a ward. We'll need to monitor her for the next few hours at least" Owen told Ryan, right as his pager went off.
"Thanks" Ryan said before Owen left. Ryan went to sit on the chair next to Dani's bed. He defiantly planned on finding out what had happened, but his priority now was making sure that Dani would be okay and that she wasn't alone.

To be continued...

————————————————
Told you, you were going to hate me!
-Dharma x