Chapter seven~ Hunter's party

Jared woke up the same way he woke up every morning in the school; with the morning announcement. He ignored Monokuma as he walked to the cafeteria alone. He wondered if Nate and Hunter were alright. They probably were, right? They had to be.

Jared stepped into the cafeteria, and was welcomed by loud laughter. "Ha! Oh my god, Hunter." Nate said, sitting next to Hunter as he ate his breakfast. "But that's crazy, right? I mean, come on." Hunter laughed, gesturing with his arms. "Um, you guys okay?" Jared asked. "Oh, hey Jared. Thanks for helping us out last night." Nate said happily. "They've been acting weird all morning, telling stories and jokes, not trying to kill each other. It's really...odd." Austin said quietly. "Hey, it's not weird. We're just friends now. What's wrong with being friends?" Hunter said defensively. "Nothing, but that was a really sudden change. I mean, one day your trying to kill each other, the next your telling stories to each other and laughing together." Doug said. "Hey, it's not the strangest thing that's happened here." Nate said, finishing the last bite of his bacon.

As everyone finished there own breakfast, Mat started talking. "I wonder what the next motive will be." he said, swallowing the last bite of his eggs. "Maybe he'll give us a cash prize." Josh said. "No, that's the one after this." Nico said, finishing his bagel. "Wait, really? I was just joking around!" Josh said, shocked. "Well well well, you guys just can't wait, can you." Monokuma said, standing on one of the tables. "God damn it, not you again." Emile said. "Hey, don't say things like that. You make me sad inside." Monokuma said, lowering his head. "Just shut up and get to the point!" Caddie said angrily. "Fine! Jeez, you guys are annoying." Monokuma said. "So, what is the new motive?" Alex asked. "Well...I hope you liked your breakfast, because that's the last meal your gonna eat until there's another murder!" the bear said happily.

"What?" Nico said, surprised. "Yup! It's either another murder, or everyone dies of starvation. Which will you chose?" Monokuma said mockingly. Jeremy ran over to the kitchen door and pulled. "I...can't...get it...open." he said. "Also, if any of you break the door, you will be punished. That is breaking the rules, after all. Plus, even if you did get in, there's no food in there. Upupupupup!" Monokuma said. "What about the storage room? There's food in there!" Mat said. "Gone!" Monokuma said happily. "That's not what you did before!" Nico said. "Who said I had to follow the formula? Why can't I mix things up? I was bored of the original motive, plus you guys have really boring pasts, so I changed it! Have fun!" Monokuma said happily before disappearing again.

"So, no food at all. That means we have about five to ten days to live, I think." Jon said. "Unless we murder again." Alex said grimly. "B-But we can't do that! We wouldn't murder again, right?" Austin said. "Of course not! We can't go through that hell again." Doug said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "...Does it hurt to starve to death?" Jeremy asked after a moment. "I don't know. Probably." Caddie said sadly. It was silent for a while. "Hey, why don't we through a party?" Hunter asked happily. "A party?" Josh asked, confused. "Yeah! I mean, we might as well try to enjoy these last few days, so lets throw a party. I'll set it all up at the pool." Hunter said enthusiastically. "I like the sound of that! I'll help out with decorating and stuff." Nate said happily. "I guess that's not a bad idea. Is it okay if I help out a bit too?" Emile asked. "Sure!" Nate said happily. "Hey, why doesn't everyone help out?" Hunter suggested. "Don't you think we should be saving our energy?" Nico asked. "I'd rather live a happy five days than a miserable ten days. Plus, I was planing to do something even before Monokuma gave us the motive, so why not do it!" Hunter said. "When is it?" Arin asked. "How 'bout in three days we have it." Austin suggested. "Great!" Hunter yelled happily. "Yeah, this is going to be awesome!" Nate said.

The three days passed by peacefully. Though everyone was hungery, that did not stop them from being happy. Nate and Hunter hung out almost all of the time, Josh and Alex had gotten closer, and everyone else was in a good mood. No one seemed to let the motive get to them. That was, until the a few hours before the party.