Chapter four~ First blood

"J-Jarod!" Jared yelled, looking at the dead body. Emile backed into the wall, eye's still wide. "H-he was right in front of my door... I tripped over him when I walked out... w-who did this?!" Emile yelled. Just as Emile yelled, Doug walked out of his room. "What's going on ou-OH MY GOD!" Doug yelled as he saw the body, limp on the floor.

Ding Dong!

The monitor on the wall lit up, showing Monokuma. "A body has been discovered! After a brief investigation, we will begin the class trial!" the bear said before the screen went blank. Soon, the rest of Youtubers ran out of there rooms. "W-we heard a body announcement! What happ-HOLY SHIT!" Nico yelled as he ran in. Everyone else screamed and yelled when they they saw the body of the Super Youtuber level completionest. "What d-do we do?" Nate said. "Well, w-we have to investigate his d-death, so we don't d-die." Mat said, trying to sound calm, but failing. "A-alright, let's get s-started." Felix said quietly.

Jared slowly walked up to the body. He started to slowly look it over for clues. Jared noted that the knife in his stomach had to be the murder weapon. Jarod didn't seem to have any other wounds, so it had to be it. "Hey, isn't that a knife from the kitchen." Austin said, coming up behind Jared. "Ya, must be." Jared said. Ba-ding! "Hm?" Jared hummed as he pulled his electroID out if his pocket. Truth Bullet- Kitchen knife. "Truth bullet? The hell?" Austin said quietly. Jared slid the electroID back into his pocket. "Hey Jared, have you looked at the blood trail yet?" Josh asked, who had been looking at the trail himself. "No. Why?" Jared asked, standing up. "Just look at it. It passes, like, three doors before ending at Emile's room. It also begins between Felix's and Hunter's room." Josh said, pointing up and down the hallway. Truth Bullet- Blood trail. "I also saw smaller blood stains on Jeremy's, Nico's and Jon's doors. The same three doors in between Emile's and Hunter's and Felix's. Also, look at the big splatter in Felix's door. I wonder what that means." Josh said. Truth Bullet- Blood stains. Truth Bullet- Bedrooms. "Look at the way his body's positioned, too. It's almost like he was dragged by one arm down the hallway." Felix noted. Truth Bullet- Body position. "Hey Felix, you went to get a drink last night, right. Did you notice one of the knives missing?" Jared asked. "No, all of them were still there went I got my drink." Felix explained. Truth Bullet- Felix's testimony. "Thanks." Jared said. After he took a quick look at the body again, he left the hallway to investigate elsewhere.

Jared walked into the kitchen, were Hunter was already investigating. "Ok, so now we know were the knife came from." he said, pointing to the knife rack. One of the bigger knives was missing. Truth Bullet- Missing knife. "By the way, did you notice anything weird last night?" Jared asked Hunter. "Well, there was this loud bang on my door in the middle if the night. I thought it was a killer, so I never opened it." Hunter explained. Truth Bullet- Hunter's testimony. Jared nodded and looked around the kitchen. He didn't see any clues, so he walked outside, wanting to talk to some people.

Jared walked into the cafeteria to find Jeremy, Nico, Jon and Emile. Just the people he had wanted to see. "Hey guys, did anything odd happen last night?" Jared asked. "That's just what we were talking about. Both me and Jeremy heard someone knock on our doors last night." Nico explained. Truth Bullet- Nico's testimony. "And what about you, Jon?" Jared asked. "I didn't hear anything." he said. Truth Bullet- Jon's testimony. "I didn't hear anything either." Emile said. Truth Bullet- Emile's testimony. "Hey guys! Look at this!" Caddie said, running into the kitchen. In his hand was a small piece of paper. "What's that?" Jeremy asked. "It's a letter I found in Jarod's room. Look at it." Caddie said, holding out the paper.

Please meet in my room by 1:00 am. We can talk privately about this there. Until then, let's try to keep away from each other so we don't seem suspicious. I already have what we need, so we do it tonight. No need to write back. Thanks.

"That's weird. Who sent this?" Emile asked. Truth Bullet- Letter. "Where did you say you found this?" Jared asked. "It was in Jarod's room. Monokuma unlock his room so we could investigate in there." Caddie explained. "I should look around there too." Jared said, before walking away.

Jared walked into Jarod's room quietly. The room was mostly clean, aside from the unmade bed. Jared felt awkward in there. He took a deep breath and started looking around. He noticed some papers on the dresser, so he took them and looked through them. They were many letters to Jarod. None of them said anything important. It just looked like two friends sending letters to each other. All of them had the same hand writing as the one Caddie had showed him, and none were signed. Truth Bullet- Letters. Jared also saw that Jarod had a notepad like his. A few pages had been ripped out, probably to write back to who ever had sent him the letters. Truth Bullet- Jarod's notepad. Jared remembered that, in old mystery movies, if you rub a pencil on a notepad, you will see what was written on the paper above it. There was a pencil next to the notepad, so Jared tried it. He did end up getting something.

OK, but who is it going to be? I think some of the bigger guys will over power us, and people like Mat and Nico will be smart enough to know it's a trap. I think someone like Austin will be the easiest, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

What does this mean? Jared thought. Truth Bullet- Letter to ???. Jared looked in the letters again to see if he could get any hints. The latest letter from this person (besides the letter Caddie found) was the only important one. Jared mentally face palmed for not seeing it earlier.

Thats why I've made up my mind on this. I'm going to kill someone, and I want you to help me. I have the plan ready, I just need your help and a victim (can't decide on who yet). I know at first your going to say no, but listen to me. Both of us are scared, that I know. We both want the truth, and this is the only way to get it. I promise, if you help me, I'll get you out alive. Please.

"What the fuck?" Jared said out loud. Truth Bullet- Murder letter.

Ding Dong!

All of the monitors lit up again. "Ok guys, stop investigating! It is time for the class trial. Please meet in front of the big red doors." Monokuma said happily. Jared walked out of Jarod's room, and with a final look at his friend's body, went to find the doors.

Jared was the last one to arrive. "Finally! I was just about to come after you." Monokuma, who had been standing with the rest of them said. Everyone else was quiet. "Alright! Everyone please get inside the elevator." the bear said, opening the doors. Inside was a small room with an elevator. Everyone quietly walked on as Monokuma disappeared. The doors loudly closed behind them.

Everyone felt the elevator move down, down, down, into the earth. It creaked and clanged as it lowered. Jared tried to mentally prepare himself. He had to find the culprit, no matter what. He, along with the rest of the innocent people had to find the culprit and survive this trial. Though the clues were confusing and the culprit was unclear, it had to be done. If it wasn't... no one wanted to think about that.

The doors opened, showing many small desks, each with someone's name on them. Behind Jarod's desk was a black and white picture of his face on a fancy black frame, crossed out with a pink X.

Everyone stood at there desks. Monokuma sat down on a large throne behind Caddie's desk. The bear's voice rang through out the room as he yelled "Well then, I guess it's time to start the first trial! ALL RISE!"