As much as I hate to admit it, she is actually really good. I glance at Jungkook, who is smiling as she sang. Ugh- how is she such a good singer? Now that I actually hear her sing, my stomach feels much more queasy than it did before. Now, I lost all the little confidence that I had.

When Jenny sings her final part of the song, she smiles brightly at Jungkook as he claps. Suddenly, she spins her head toward me. "Your turn" She confidently walks out of her seat and stares at me with a smirking expression.

I sigh nervously and sit down on the stool. "Um.." I fake a small smile and stare at my lyrics sheet that I wish I studied more on. Clearing my throat, I say, "um, actually... oh look!" I point to the clock. "The bell is going to ring in any minute... guess I don't have time, huh?" I smile nervously.

Jenny smirked. "We still have ten minutes until class is over. I'm pretty sure you can sing a two- minute song"

I curse inside my head. Looking at Jungkook, who is smiling and giving me thumbs ups, I feel a little bit of my confidence coming back.

"Okay..." I close my eyes and slowly open my mouth to sing. Even though I felt really, really uncomfortable, I did the best that I could do.

When I open my eyes, I look at Jungkook who is clapping. Jenny just stared at me with a bored expression.

"Really good" Jungkook makes an attempt to speak English, making me laugh a little.

"Not that good" Jenny shrugs and walks away like the annoying person she is. I glare at her, but quickly turn my attention back to Jungkook.

"Okay, now-" Jungkook was starting to say until he was cut off by the sound of a door opening. I spin my head around and watch in shock as Principal Choi walks into the room.

"Principal?" I mutter. Jenny and Jungkook also looked confused.

"Rian, I need to speak with you" Principal Choi said, his eyes shining. I raise my eyebrows, confused. Why did he want to talk to me? Without looking back, I quickly follow him out of the room.

"Rian, your grandmother is on the phone" He said once we enter the empty hallways.

What?

"Go to the main office. She's still on line" Principal Choi bows and walks away, leaving me standing frozen.

When my mother died, my dad took me to Korea, without notifying my other family members. I wonder how my grandmother found out I was here... Don't get me wrong, she was one of my favorite people I know, but seriously- how did she find out where I was?

I rush to the office, and snatch the phone that was sitting on the desk.

"Yeoboseyo?" I say. *Meaning "hello" when talking in the phone*

"Rian? Oh how are you? I miss you so much!" My grandmother's voice brightened my heart.

Trying not to get teary, I smile. "I miss you too, Gran"

"Oh, your Korean is getting so much better! I'm so proud!"

I laugh. "Gamsahamnida" *Meaning "thank you"*

Time flew by fast for me. Before I knew it, forty minutes already past.

"Sweetie, I got to go" My grandmother said with a bright voice.

"Okay. Stay healthy" I smile.

"Um... yes. Thank you" Gran said. I frown at the hesitation, but quickly changed it into a smile.

"Okay. Talk to you later"

Gran paused for a moment. "Yes. Bye, Rian. Stay safe. I love you so much. I really, really do"