"It looks more magical at night than it is during the day," said Rose looking around.

"We'll send for you at twenty to midnight." said Lester, "See you then, my Lady, and have a good time."

"Thank you, Lester," said Cinderella.

The footmen got back on the carriage. And with that, Lester and the footmen left to park the carriage. Valiant walked to Cinderella's left, holding her invitation in his paw.

"Are you ready to go in, my Ladies?" he asked.

"Yes, Valiant," said Cinderella.

"I'm nervous, Valiant." Rose admitted, "I've never been to a royal ball before."

"We will stand beside you all the way." he said, "Oh, and Ella? Rose? We can't let your stepfamily know you're here, so address us by what Pokémon we are again, alright?"

"Of course... Duke Lucario." They both said.

Valiant offered his arm and Cinderella took it with a smile. With Rose to their right and the others behind, Valiant escorted Cinderella up the steps. All the Pokémon followed suit. The glass slippers clinked lightly on the steps as Cinderella walked. They walked through the doors into the grand entrance hall. They were greeted by a man in a white suit.

"May I see your invitation?" he asked.

Valiant passed Cinderella's invitation to her and she politely handed it to the doorman. He read to himself for a moment. The Vivillon took the time to weave their silk into something.

"And what Pokémon do you have tonight?" asked the doorman.

Valiant answered him. "A Lucario, Gardevoir, Absol, Charizard, Ampharos, and Sylveon. The others are friends of my mistress."

The doorman jumped, startled.

"Why are you surprised?" asked Valiant, "It is not uncommon for Pokémon of the Order of the Aurum to speak the tongue of humans."

"I-I see..." The doorman nodded and regained his composure. "And who might this lovely lady be, my Lord?"

"She is the current Pokémon League champion." said Valiant, "A duchess known as the Masked Maiden. His Royal Highness, Prince Philip, personally invited her."

"Of course," said the doorman, "Just walk up the stairs on your left and enter through the open doors on your right. The guards will lead the way."

Cinderella curtsied. "Thank you."

The group walked forward and followed the doorman's directions. As they walked up the stairs and down the hall, they caused quite a sensation among the palace guards and the Pokéguard. Their faces remained stone-like, but their eyes followed Cinderella and her Pokémon. They watched as the beautiful lady and her Pokémon continued towards the ballroom.

***********************************************************************

"Misses Patricia and Sabrina Livingston, daughters of Duchess Victoria Livingston!"

Patricia's heart leaped when she heard that name.

"He's calling you, girls!" said the stepmother, "Go up there, already!"

Patricia quickly fixed her headdress and brushed off her dress. The two sisters went up to Philip with their Pokémon and bowed to him. Philip and his Pokémon bowed disgruntledly, and Patricia and Sabrina went back to the crowd.

Philip wanted the introductions to end quickly so he could get away and get some quiet time for himself. Alex felt the same way. When the introductions finally ended, a huge crowd of young maidens ran over to him. Sabrina, Patricia, Katelyn, and Bianca were in the front of the crowd of girls with their Pokémon.