The damage was done though and my eyes start to water. It might have been a long time ago but to see the person responsible for the death of a loved one, it's haunting. I wonder- I wonder if he already looked this pathetic when he ordered his Aurors after my parents. "What could be possibly be doing here?"

"He handles the Tournament, Kally." Draco says in a soft voice.

I sneer turning away. "No wonder there's a high dead rate for this Tournament."

-

My mood didn't get any better during double Potions. The Slytherins were all wearing a pin dedicated to our soon to be dead celebrity classmate. I didn't wear one and I'm sure none of my classmates wanted to approach my general vicinity with the mood I was in.

Potter comes walking in and the moment he sees our crowd, his face contorts in rage. He suddenly pulls out his wand.

Draco's eyes narrow a smirk twitching at his lips. Obviously not threatened with Potter's below average hexing. "Go on then."

Potter's nose flares and his eyes flicker to my direction. "You're pathetic, Malfoy. Kally deserves better than your vile existence."

Draco's jaw clenches and with a swift movement they both set off spells at each other. I gasp suddenly being thrown off my seat as one of the spells hit my face.

It was like a punch to the face. I could feel my nose crunch and blood gush out. My hands jump to cover my nose. I could feel tears prickle my eyes. Not again! Madam Pomfrey would hex me herself if I show up in the Hospital Wing again.

I hear Daphne shout angrily at the two boys while Vince launches himself at Potter shoving him away. Blaise jumps to my side and takes in a deep breath at the sight of all the blood. Draco is in a state of panic grasping my shoulders. Theo and Greg on the other hand push aside any Gryffindors that tried to aid Harry Potter and to my surprise- Granger.

Granger apparently got hit by the other spell. Her front teeth were suddenly massive -even more than usual- to the point that it went below her chin.

I cringed in pain when Draco grasped my side uttering apologies over and over again.

"Let me see." He demanded in a low voice trying to pry my hand away.

I refused to let go knowing Potter sent a combusting spell that hit my nose. It was broken I knew it was.

"I need to see, Kally." Draco whispered to my ear. I could faintly hear Granger crying from the other side of the room. "The sooner I see it, the sooner I can fix it."

I lower my hands reluctantly and I hear both Draco and Blaise choke on air at the sight of my bloody face and barely recognizable nose. "It-it's not so bad?" Blaise asked still looking pale.

"Did Potter just bombarda her nose?" Pansy quipped from the table across for us and I hold in the tears that threatened to fall at the pain coming from my nose.

"No but I will bombarda yours." Daphne sneers.

Draco who was a few shades paler than his usual albino skin tone, pulled out his gold embroidered handkerchief and held it to my still bleeding nose. "I am so sorry, Kally."

Suddenly, I tall bat like figure emerged from the dungeons. "I dare ask, what is going on?" The angry voice that was most definitely my godfather asks. "Explain yourself, Mister Malfoy."

Severus hunched to my height peering at my nose. The anger and worry on his eyes was clear as day. "Potter hit her!" Daphne shouts before anyone else could startling all of us.

"He cursed her!" Draco confirms holding my hand and using another hand to trace circles on my back soothingly.

Severus' if possible looked immeasurably more livid. He turned to a red faced Potter.

"Malfoy hit Granger too!" Potter snarls pointing at Granger who was already in tears. Why was she in tears? I was the one bleeding out?

Severus' withering glare turns to Granger and he rolls his eyes. "I don't see a difference." Despite the pain and the blood I felt like laughing. "Fifty points from Gryffindor, Potter."

"What? Malfoy and I both cast the spell at the same time!" Potter argues. "I didn't mean to hit Kally. I would never."

"Detention, Potter. Mister Malfoy, kindly bring Miss Emrys to the Hospital Wing before she bleeds out in my lab." Severus instructs turning away with one last worried look in my direction.

-

Madam Pomfrey was beyond herself once she saw my bloody self. "Merlin above! Miss Emrys you look like a monstrous bludger hit you! To think they cancelled Quidditch and still you get yourself injured." 

Draco stuck to my side holding my hand. "Potter hit her with a curse." He explains taking us to an empty bed.

"A nasty curse by the looks of it. It crushed all the cartilage. What was he thinking casting something like this on another student?" Madam Pomfrey mutters inspecting my nose with a disapproving look.

I groan gripping on Draco's hand tighter when the Mediwitch starts poking at the surrounding areas. More blood gushes out my nose at the action.

I hear Draco take a sharp breath at the sight. Of all the people that could have taken me to the Hospital Wing, it had to be the rich nobleman I may or may not have a crush on. "I'm sorry." I whisper when Madam Pomfrey leaves us to get supplies.

"You're sorry? I'm the one that should be sorry!" Draco snaps burying his head on his free hand.

I close my eyes trying to control my breathing. "I'm sorry you get to see me like this."

There was a long pause before I felt Draco lean close. "I'll work hard, Kally. I'll learn how to be the best healer. I swore I'll protect you and today, I failed. If I can't protect you from everything then I'll surely heal you from everything else."