Chapter 19

Before they even knew it winter vacation was over, it was back to school and everything that goes with it. Only this time it was different. At the end of this semester, they would be graduating. Now everyone had to start worrying about college exams or a job. Life after school, some had it planned out a little better than others. However, it was still a very stressful time for them all.

Even with all the stress and the new life goals ahead of her it didn't take Hazuki long to get back into the swing of things. It seemed like normal school only you knew it was different and the teacher kept reminding you of upcoming decisions. Hazuki was having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what it was she was doing after school. However, life still went on as normal especially now that Sasuke was back and seems like his old self.

On a random Saturday Hazuki took the afternoon and actually looked at some colleges she had a chance of getting into. Nothing was really striking her interest. She pushed away from her desk a little bit and slouched down in her chair, feeling a little defeated. She was kind of jealous of her friends who had an idea or even an interest in something to do. She had nothing. She had surfing but trying to make it big doing that wasn't really an option for her. She loved to do it but not on that level. She was good at origami but again no career in that. She started to slowly spin in her chair. Her head was starting to hurt with how hard she was trying to come up with something. She decided to quit for the time being because she wasn't getting anywhere at this point and time. All she could do at this time was sit back, wait and hope that something might just present itself. She closed her laptop and went to see what Manami was up to.

About a week later Hazuki was working at the café. It was an unusually busy night. However, it was helping the first half of the night fly by. Before she knew it Reika, Manami and the rest of the girls showed up. Hazuki gave a quick hi, got them their regular drinks and snacks and went back to her work. After things slowed down her boss called her into the back.

"Hazuki, you are one of the best workers I've had in a long time. However, you haven't told me yet what your plans are for after you graduate. You are graduating soon aren't you?" The older women looked at Hazuki. "Like are you planning on staying here or leaving to go to school full time?"

Hazuki shook her head. "I haven't decided what I'm doing yet but I was hoping that you would still let me work here," She bowed at her boss.

"Oh yes dear for as long as you like," She pulled the younger girl into a standing position. "Now go take a break while we're slow."

Hazuki made her way out to her friends and had a coffee with them before she had to finish up her shift.

After Hazuki was done the girls met up with the boys outside the café. They all headed to a playground just to hang out for a little while because no one wanted to go home just yet.

"Can you believe that we're almost done with school," Manami swung a little higher on the swings.

"I know it went so fast," Choji leaned on the bar closest to Manami.

"Before we know it we won't be doing stuff like this anymore," Lee looked down sadly.

"Don't say stuff like that. We have to make a promise that we'll always make time to do stuff like this together. No matter how busy our lives get," Reika jump up from her swing.

The others agreed and they all made a pinky promise. They didn't stay much longer before heading back to their home for the night. They did have school the next day.

A few weeks later on a rare random evening, the group just got done having dinning together and was walking down the street. They were heading to the train station to get home. When coming down the street towards them were Karin, Jugo and Suigetsu. It was too late to try and avoid them. So when the two groups came face to face they both stopped. Karin was the first to speak.