Chapter 17

A few weeks passed without word from Itachi. One night Hazuki was doing homework at her desk when her phone went off.

Unknown Number: Hey it's Itachi. I got your number off of Hidan's phone. I hope you don't mind

How the hell did he get my number? That scumbag! She thought angrily as she responded.

Hazuki: No its fine but y text me and not text Sakura or Naruto?

Itachi: I finally convinced Sasuke to come and talk with me. I know this wasn't the plan but he contacted me. So I wanted one of his friends to be there but I didn't want to get either of their hopes up.

Itachi: I mean I know he's your friend also, however you weren't as close to him. Plus I hear you weren't afraid to get in his face.

"Who the hell is texting you like that?" Manami looked up from her math book, a lollipop hanging out of her mouth and distorting her voice, from over on Hazuki's bed.

"I'll explain later", Hazuki waved her off as she looked back to her phone and swirled back around in her desk chair.

Manami shrugged her shoulders and went back to her own homework.

Hazuki started at her screen as she thought hard about what he was asking her before she answered.

Hazuki: I understand what u mean and I'll go but this is rly putting me in a spot.

Itachi: I know and I am truly sorry. I didn't know who else to turn to.

Will this really be okay? She thought. She knew overall it was for something good but to be the one to go instead of Sakura, Naruto or any of the others. However, Itachi was his brother and he contacted her. She couldn't let this opportunity pass by.

Hazuki: It's fine when is this happening?

Itachi: Tomorrow around 5 at Nobu's. It's a crappy little ramen shop I use to hang out at but there's table kind of hidden in the back. I'll text you the address tomorrow.

Great my only day off there goes seeing Shikamaru this week. Hazuki sighed.

Hazuki: Ok I'll b there.

Itachi: Thank you.

Hazuki looked over at her cousin and knew she was going to have to tell her because she was going to need her help.

The following day school seemed to drag by. Hazuki kept glancing at the clock and hands just didn't want to move. She hated lying or in this case, just not telling anyone what was going on. Later that day while the Hazuki and Manami were throwing away the garbage from their lunch Manami whispered over to her relax or she was going to give away that something was up.

"I know I hate this and can't wait for this day to be over. Are you sure you can cover for me?" Hazuki gave her cousin a doubtful look.

"Zee I got this", Manami raised her eyebrows.

"You don't know Shikamaru or even Reika if she thinks something is up", Hazuki didn't get to finish her sentence when Reika walked over.

"What are you two whispering about?" Reika threw a few chocolate wrappers away.

"Nothing", Manami answered a little too quickly.

Hazuki wanted to facepalm and step and Manami's foot at the same time.

"Okay, now I know something is up. I love juicy stuff", Reika was practically jumping with excitement.

Hazuki was going to kill Manami. Manami gave her an apologetic smile as she walked quickly away and joined the rest of the group. Hazuki grabbed Reika's shirt sleeve and moved into the hallway while making sure no one was paying attention.