Year 3: Chapter 13

Note: I just wanted to apologies for the new chapter taking so long. Life gets crazy sometimes and writers block is a pain. Hope you enjoy :)

It seemed like it took forever but now it was only a few hours before Manami would be standing in front of Hazuki, flesh and bone. The drive to the airport was going to take about an hour depending on traffic and her plane was landing around seven pm. It was a little before five when Jiraiya and Naruto picked Hazuki, Choji and Shikamaru up. Both Hazuki and Choji were practically jumping out of their skin knowing that Manami would no longer be just a voice on the phone.

When they arrived at the airport Jiraiya let Hazuki and Choji out by one of the many entrances while the rest went to find a parking spot. They found Manami's terminal with the help of one of the workers and now all that was left was to wait. According to the boards her flight should be on time. Hazuki kept checking the time on her cellphone and the minutes were taking their sweet time. Once again she checked her phone when she noticed Choji stand up out of the corner of her eye and then she heard 'Zee, Choji!" being yelled. The voice was so familiar and reminded Hazuki of her other home. She didn't realize how much she actually missed the US until she looked up and saw Manami drop her bags and run towards her.

The two girls ran to each other and hugged so tight that the claws of life couldn't tear them apart. Choji was just as anxious to see Manami but he knew the girls needed their own reunion first. So he stood back with the others and watched them. When they pulled apart Manami dabbed at her eyes trying to fix her makeup and then turned and saw Choji. She rushed over to him jumped into his arms, wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him right there in front of everyone. Their group just stood there mouths hanging open. Jiraiya just watched enjoying the view while people walking by just stared or shook their heads at the public display of affection. Choji was so surprised that he almost dropped her but he quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and returned the kissed. He didn't care who was watching but the moment they pulled apart he blushed a deep red as he looked down. It caused the burgundy haired girl to chuckle and smile up at him as she stood in front of him.

Hazuki then introduced Manami to Shikamaru, Naruto and Jiraiya. Manami smiled and bowed to each of them. It looked odd to see her doing something like that because Manami was the one Japanese person who wasn't Japanese when it came to tradition. They slowly made their way out of the airport to the car. Manami was exhausted from the long flight and fell asleep on Choji's shoulder. When they got to Hazuki's Manami said a quick hello to Mameha and went right to the extra room next to Hazuki's where she was staying.

The next day Hazuki's phone was blowing up. Everyone was excited to meet Manami. The only problem was she was still feeling jetlag and all she wanted to do was sleep. So Hazuki made plans for a few of them to go bowling the following day. They would meet at the small bowling alley near the shopping district early afternoon then head to their normal barbeque restaurant for dinner. Manami was dying for it and that couldn't make Choji happier. They really were meant for each other.

Everyone was outside the small bowling alley around 3ish. You could hear the thunder like sound of the bowling balls knocking over pins. Lee was the last to show up and by then Manami was introduced to everyone. She fit in so well it was like she was there from the beginning.

Hazuki, Manami, Reika, Ino, Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Shikamaru, Choji, Naruto, Sai and Lee all headed through the bright neon light covered doorway. The inside was just as bright. It looked like they took a step back in time to the 80's. It looked just like a bowling alley from the US. There were neon lights lining the ceiling and the walls were painted in bright colors. The wall over the lanes was a light green and white with multicolored circles painted randomly. Hazuki was waiting to see mall hair and member only jackets but there wasn't any.