Chapter 6

Since the night in the cave Hazuki and Shikamaru both tried to act normal but were doing a poor job of it. They would be fine when everyone was around unless they accidently brushed hands or had to be close to one another. Then they would jump apart like the other was a fire, or make an excuse to move. Choji was the first to take notice but he didn’t say anything because he was afraid to know the answer.  The girls also caught on but they wanted to know in detail. They kept pestering her about what really happened and every time she would say the same thing, nothing happened. She was really getting tired of being told there was more to the story even if it was true. Hazuki didn’t really know why she didn’t want to tell her friends. She just knew she didn’t. Maybe it was because she would have to go into everything with Choji and she didn’t want to her friends to think she was that girl. One night kissing Choji, even if it was an accident, then another Shikamaru it looked bad. Plus if she told them she would have to admit there was something there with Shikamaru. Thinking about it was bad enough she couldn’t bring herself to say it out loud. Not yet at least.   

        The girls finally started to let up a bit when Hinata told them that Naruto had asked her to be his girlfriend. The girls were practically jumping out of their skin with excitement. It took Reika and Kiba a long time to finally become a couple, but it took Hinata and Naruto even longer. The event took place two days after the cave incidence. They were out on the back desk watching the waves caress the sandy beach while the sun looked like it was sinking into the orange, yellow and pink water. They were sitting next to each other on the white patio loveseat. Sasuke and the other boys helped boost Naruto’s confidence so he would finally ask her, and he did. The both looked away from each other; faces beat red as she gave him a small yes.

        “Really?” Naruto turned toward Hinata. He couldn’t believe she said yes so he had to make sure.

        “Yes,” Hinata looked at him her facing getting even more red.

They just sat there stared into each other’s eyes slowly moving closer. Their eyes closed, lips almost touching when Jiraiya came out of nowhere. The two quickly jumped apart.

        “What the hell you prevy old man,” Naruto turned to Jiraiya his eyes filled with fire. He waited so long for this moment and Jiraiya just ruined it.

        “Oh so sorry I was never here. As you were,” Jiraiya bowed slowly walked backwards the way he came. Their first kiss was going to have to wait. The moment was gone.

Hinata would still turn red when she thought about it but she also got excited.

        On Saturday Shino and his girlfriend Asami were going to be joining the group. Then the following day Neji and Tenten would be there in time for the Firework Festival. Asami was short, cute with shoulder length golden hair and bangs reaching right above her blue eyes. She was wearing a cute flowing pale yellow skirt that looked like it had a pull tie around the middle. There was a mint green bow on the left. Her tank top was the same shade of green the same pull tie look under the breast. The only difference was the bow was on the right side. Shino and Asami looked cute together and you could see how much they like each other. It was amusing watching Shino the one who hardly ever said a word or really show much emotions blush every time he looked at the cute blonde. It was still hard to believe how perfect she was for him. She also fit right in with the other girls. That night the girls had a girl’s night in their room and the boys had a boy’s night in the basement.

        Like the night at Hinata’s the girls set up their bedrolls and used Naruto’s laptop to watch movies. They had popcorn and other yummy junk food. The conversation would jump from subject to subject the way normal conversations for girls go. Reika asked Asami how she and Shino met and she was sorry she asked after she had the answer.