The Day After

Maya's POV

The next morning, I wake up and find myself laying on Lucas' warm, bare chest. I put my hand on his abs and lean over to kiss him on the lips. He wakes up and kisses me back, putting his bands around my waist. We start to make out a little before he pulls away.

"Do you want to shower off while I make us breakfast?" He asks me. I nod and get up. He hands me my clothes and checks out my exposed body. "You can go ahead into the bathroom right next to my room. Towels should be in there."

"Thanks." I nod and walk into the bathroom. As I start the shower, I start singing Riley and mine song. I look down at my necklace. I blurt out singing the song, not caring what Lucas thinks. After I finish singing Take on the World, I sing my favorite song, The Middle of Starting Over by Sabrina Carpenter. I feel like that describes my life right now. I am singing until I smell bacon. I turn the shower off and get into my clothes from last night. I walk out and Lucas puts two plates on the table. They contain pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"You have a great voice." He compliments me.

I take a bite of my food. "And you're a great cook!" I tell him as I swallow my food. We make small talk as we eat when I hear my phone going off. "I'll be right back."

I see that the caller ID is Shawn.

M- Hello?

S- I'M SO SORRY THAT I WASN'T THERE LAST NIGHT! I GOT CALLED INTO WORK AND-

M- It's ok. Lucas invited me to spend the night at his house and I accepted.

S- Did you guys use protection?

M- 😳. What do you mean?

S- I think it's obvious that you guys like each other a lot. I just hope you guys used protection. You did, right?

M- When will you be back?

S- About five minutes. We'll continue this later. Bye.

I hang up my phone and walk back over to Lucas. "You done?" He motions to my plate.

"We were unprotected last night. I could get pregnant..."

Riley's POV

I wake up to the sound of a door opening. I jump to my feet, waking Farkle. I run over to the door and lock it. Then I run back over to Farkle.

"Get dressed and leave quickly. My parents are home!" I whisper-yell at him. He understands and we both dress quickly. Then he crawls out of the window and I walk out into the living room.

"Hey Riles!" My dad says hugging me and kissing my head. "Sorry we took off with out you last night. We had to take Auggie somewhere."

"How was your date?" My mom asks.

Dad dramatically puts his hand over his heart and makes weird noises. "She's too young for boys. No boys."

I laugh. "It wasn't a solo date. Laya was there also."

"Laya?" Mom asks.

"Lucas and Maya," I inform her.

"I am honestly surprised that they are a couple. I thought Maya was super mad at Lucas for some reason." Dad openly states.

Just then somebody knocks on the door. I walk over and open it. Lucas and Maya were standing there.

"Hey!" Dad exclaims. "We were just talking about you. Why aren't you protected?"

"Because she said she wasn't ready and then things just kinda happened!" He says quickly.

"He meant from the rain cowboy." Maya clarifies.

"Wait what?!" Mom exclaims. "You and Maya had sex?!"

Lucas' face turns scarlet. "No. Where did you get that idea?"

Both my parents stare him down.

He leans in close to Lucas and whispers, actually it was more like growls something.

His face turns red and he nervously laughs. "I was just wondering if Riley could hang out. We can invite Farkle as well."

"Yeah, great! I'll text him and get dressed."

Maya's POV (AN: this takes place before they went to Riley's)

After Lucas and I eat out breakfast, I hear Shawn knock on his door. I walk over and answer it.

"Hey sweetie!" He says, hugging me. He notices that I'm wet. "Did you shower off?"

"Yeah. And Lucas made me breakfast as well." I inform him.

"Well, he'll make a great dad." He says, winking at me.

"You told him?!" Lucas squeaks in disbelief.

"No, he just figured it out after I told him I spent the night at your house." I lean back on his chest. He wraps his arms around my stomach.

"And you never did answer my question Maya. Did you guys use protection?" Shawn restates.

We both blush and look down. "No, we didn't." Lucas sounded embarrassed to say that.

"Maya, didn't you learn your lesson from what happened with me and your mom?" He asks me sincerely.

I look up at him. "Did you ever love mom? Or were you just trying to knock some women up?"

"Maya!" Lucas screams, surprised.

I keep my eyes on Shawn, waiting for an answer. He sighs. "At one point, I did love her. But then she... She just changed. She started screaming at me for no reason, throwing things at me, stuff along those lines. Then I found out she was pregnant with you, and I took off. It wasn't because of you, trust me! It was because I couldn't handle it anymore." He was crying as he finished speaking. I pull away from Lucas and hug Shawn.

"It's okay daddy. I don't blame you." I tell him embracing him.

"Why don't you go get changed?" He asks, though it was more of a command. He hands me the key and I walk into his house.

Lucas POV

Shawn stares me down.

"Can I help you sir?" I shift nervously.

"If my daughter gets pregnant, what will you do?" He asks me sternly.

"Sir, I love your daughter and I would never leave her for any reason." I respond with the same fire that he had asked me.

"Do you love her?"

"More then you could ever know! I love her more than life itself." I was surprised that he even asked me that.

"I love you too! I've loved you since forever Ranger Rick." Maya says jumping on my back and kissing my hair. "Wanna go hang out with Riles and Farkle?"

"Sure, hold on cowgirl." I carry her all the way to the Matthews house.

(Current time)

"Farkle said he'll meet us at the park. Let's go," Riley announces as she comes out of her room.

"Come on cowgirl." I say picking Maya up in my arms. She buries her head in my chest.

After we get to the park Farkle said that he had an important announcement to make.

AN:

I would once again like to apologize for what happened earlier. Wattpad was being stupid. Right now I'm watching Disney. Yep, that's about it.

QOTD:

Do you watch other channels then Disney?

AOTD:

Yep