Life's looking up for Maya

Maya's POV

After we get dropped off at the building where the Matthews family lives, we buzz ourselves in and get buzzed up. The second I step foot in the building, I feel Riley's arms around me. She is squeezing me tight.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me that your mom was abusive and didn't take of you? You should have told me. Is this why you didn't ever eat, or barely ate?" She asked me franticly.

I just nod and she pulls away. "I couldn't handle the truth myself, so I didn't think that anyone else can handle it. I kept to myself and I work two jobs just to pay for lunch. The only problem is that I haven't been call into either job in forever, so I don't have any money."

"What made you think that we couldn't handle this?" Cory asks me.

I have to think for a minute. "I couldn't handle it. And because I couldn't handle it, I didn't want anyone else to have to handle it." I am crying again. Stupid teenage emotions!

"Maya, sweetie." Some guy starts. Shawn. He was Cory's best friend. He walks up to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I squirm out of his grip and give him an odd look.

"Why did you call me sweetie and wrap your arm around me? I don't know you." I respond.

"I feel bad about what happened. And I have some things that I want to talk to you about."

"Ok..." My voice trails off.

He looks at me with big sad eyes. Everybody is staring at him and I can see the heat rising in his cheeks.

"Yeah? What is it?" I ask impatiently.

"I... I'm your father..." He says and I just stare at him in shock.

"YOU'RE MY DAD?! WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER TELL ME BEFORE?! I HAVENT HAD A DAD MY WHOLE LIFE AND NOW YOU JUST COME HERE AND TELL ME THAT YOURE MY DAD?!" I scream at him.

"Maya..."

"NO! NONONONONO! I AM NOT FREAKING DEALING WITH THIS RIGHT NOW! I HAVE NO HOME, NO FAMILY, NO NOTHING! AND NOW YOU TELL ME THAT YOURE MY DAD?! THIS IS UNFREAKING REAL!!!" I am screaming and crying so much. I can't handle this, so I do what I do best. Run away.

"Aw crap! Not again!" I hear someone say, but I'm not in the mood to make out who. I just run.

AN:

Who saw the new girl meets world episode last night? If you did, tell me what you thought. It was amazing even though there were no moments between any of the characters but I did see the preview for the new episode next week and I can tell that it has some Filey in it. The next chapter involves the hospital. Here's a sneak peak...

I feel my eyes tearing up. I love Maya, and I can't lose her. I grab my jacket and run for the door.

"Wait!" I hear Farkle yell. I turn around, angered. "I'm coming with you." He says, grabbing his jacket as well and running after me.

QOTD:

Who do you ship Riley with more? Lucas or Farkle?

AOTD:

Farkle. Btw, this will help me to determine who I'm going to put with who.